STLCA 60 Series Club Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I called local stealership but they said they don't have the seal rings available. I sent Beno a msg so hopefully he can find them. Anybody else run into this before?
image.jpeg

I vote bolt them back together and see what a set of remans will set you back.

I called local stealership but they said they don't have the seal rings available. I sent Beno a msg so hopefully he can find them. Anybody else run into this before?View attachment 1180380

Sean,
Rubber washers like this should fall within tolerance of a standard size. Can you measure the OD, ID and thickness in mm? If the parts guys at a NAPA or other quality parts store near you know their catalogs, they should be able to look up a replacement. At the least, they can walk in the back with your washer and find a close match so you can put her back together. Good luck

I did not have the same issue...but its likely you can get a set of "loaded" 4runner front calipers that will bolt on, but you might need to swap over to a t100 master or FJ80 master.

I run the 4runner front calipers and a t100 master. Can't say its a improvement or not...but it works and I can get 4runner junk. In my case its the napa version of a rebuilt caliper

Sean,
So long as you stay with a rubber washer, you will be good. Brake fluid is formulated to be good with rubber (hence, why it is such a good tire shine).
But if you have any challenge getting the washers, reman calipers will be your clear choice so you can just press o
n.

So I found this on the web, looks like Landcruiser Larry is correct, best choice straight up Butyl rubber! Warning: If you are color blind, this chart makes no sense
Anything w Nitrile in it looks no good.
12-24-2015 8-25-15 AM.jpg

Brian at ACC had a Harrop in the back of his 80 trail rig before he sold it. As far as I know he never had any trouble with it and swore by it. It replaced an ARB in the rear 9.5 on his 80, by all accounts they are solid units. When I make the jump to selectable it is the route I plan to go. Elsewhere in the world I think they are pretty highly regarded.

In general, yes. I just can't remember if the spring clip goes that way or flipped over. Do the pads have a little hole that the ears you have on top of the pad would fit into? For some reason I want to think that clip gets flipped. The little triangle part looks really close to the rotor.

Edit: I think you have them in there right. I did a little checking thru some of my old pics and the way you have pictured matches some of my pics as well as some I found on the web

Last edited:
Lol, I'd say if nothing is leaking out then ain't nothing gonna sneak in either.

I agree the clips look like they are in there correctly.

anyone come across any reference to a longer front Lug nut stud on the 60 LC ? specifically on a 1986 version. I bought some aftermarket junk..was suppose to be OEM replacement but clearly they are not. To the extent I know I have OEM studs on the front and I would like to find some that are about 1/4 inch longer. I'll post up a pic later when I can upload it. The lug nut stud that came off the truck is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch longer than the aftermarket replacements and it has the knurling in a different spot...I assume "studs" on the truck are stock OEM parts.

I need to run some 1/4 inch spacers on the front wheels and I would like a little longer front wheel/lug nut stud....I was looking on the main board and noticed this is a well-worn out discussion. Apparently in AU you can get whatever length stud you want (metric) not the case apparently here in the US. Looking for bolt in solution, I think you could potentially re-drill the front hubs for the next size in standard thread to get a longer wheel/lug nut stud but right now I'm not looking to do that.

Seems like the knurling location is different between the various studs too, which I assume is a no-go...as I believe this helps hold the stud in the hub so the location is important...

The wheel stud at the far right is the one off the truck, the other two are the aftermarket ones front and rear.
WheelStud.jpg

Last edited:
anyone come across any reference to a longer front Lug nut stud on the 60 LC ? specifically on a 1986 version. I bought some aftermarket junk..was suppose to be OEM replacement but clearly they are not. To the extent I know I have OEM studs on the front and I would like to find some that are about 1/4 inch longer. I'll post up a pic later when I can upload it. The lug nut stud that came off the truck is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch longer than the aftermarket replacements and it has the knurling in a different spot...I assume "studs" on the truck are stock OEM parts.

I need to run some 1/4 inch spacers on the front wheels and I would like a little longer front wheel/lug nut stud....I was looking on the main board and noticed this is a well-worn out discussion. Apparently in AU you can get whatever length stud you want (metric) not the case apparently here in the US. Looking for bolt in solution, I think you could potentially re-drill the front hubs for the next size in standard thread to get a longer wheel/lug nut stud but right now I'm not looking to do that.

Seems like the knurling location is different between the various studs too, which I assume is a no-go...as I believe this helps hold the stud in the hub so the location is important...

The wheel stud at the far right is the one off the truck, the other two are the aftermarket ones front and rear.View attachment 1274283

Elbert, that's interesting. I was looking at lug studs the other day. I need to replace a few on my 40. If you go on Rockauto and pull up different years of Cruisers I know I saw your OE style on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom