STLCA 60 Series Club Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok...this is the kickoff of all things related to the 60 series LC.

hope that 60's under construction falls into this category. :D

Trail rigs are never done, they are all under construction to some degree.
Mine is currently in the shop for paint.

all things 60...

I'll post up some pics once I get started on the dreaded heater core swap.... I have cleaned up a "#$# load" of coolant from the floorboard, but I suspect no-one really cares about that part.

Trail rigs are never done, they are all under construction to some degree.
Mine is currently in the shop for paint.

painting a trail rig... same color I assume..getting all over new exterior?

I need to do something with my roof...I may get it coated/linexed or something.

image-2377336326.jpg

Nope , she's a red head now

image-2377336326.jpg

tellicorob said:
Nope , she's a red head now

I love me some red heads :)

Hey Rob, let me know when you can do a cut and turn on my 60 axles. Where are you located? Took off next week and plan on doing a lot of work on the truck while I'm off. Axles are on the list.

better get Rob's phone number.... I'm not sure how much he gets on the board.

Rob lives in tellico and doesn't have much in the way of Internet or cell service.

I bought some mirrors like these
https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-...rear-view-mirrors-like-these-60-series-2.html see post #29
because the stock FJ60 mirrors suck.

One day I'll get around to painting them black. Got the driver side on, went to take the old passenger side off and the #$% screw head stripped.. just got back from Lowes with some screws that look like they might work, at least temporarily. Old FJ60 OEM screws were counter sunk heads, I noticed that the old mirrors I took off had no gasket between them and the door but that may be normal?

So maybe I'll get the mirrors done tomorrow, I took off the crappy battery isolator "someone" put on the truck as its junk. Hopefully I'll make some good headway tomorrow with swapping the heater core.

Later on I got to figure out if my hybrid FJ62+FJ80 air filter assembly makes any sense to install. The 5.7 vortec has some additional crap in the intake tubing ...we'll see how that plays out later on.

I can see the heater core but its been hell getting all the pieces loose....trying to get the trim bezel off that goes around the A/C controls and cig lighter... I've got all the obvious screws out but something is still holding it in down around the cig lighter area. I've had it out before but don't recall it its held in by clips or something else. Its already cracked and I'm afraid its going to be history if I use much force. Looks like @#$% near the entire dash has to come off to have enough room to get the heater core out...what an aggravating job..

20130915_183104.jpg

Last edited:
Well I've stopped on the heater core project as I want to do a ride and don't think I have the time to complete it by then..truck is drivable so I'm gonna drive it with pretty much no dash. Anyway I've got a thread going on the 60 side of the main forum and I'll post up a link here...it may help others go through this very aggravating job later on.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/771116-86-fj60-dash-r-r.html

Rear Disc Conversion

I posted up a thread in the 60 Series tech section on rear disc conversion opinions. Got my axles all apart and down to the housings. Looking at doing a rear disc conversion and wondered who sells the best kit. Think I looked at one from yotamasters.com, which I think is sold by trail-gear. Has anyone on here done one of these conversions? Thanks,Ryan

I posted up a thread in the 60 Series tech section on rear disc conversion opinions. Got my axles all apart and down to the housings. Looking at doing a rear disc conversion and wondered who sells the best kit. Think I looked at one from yotamasters.com, which I think is sold by trail-gear. Has anyone on here done one of these conversions? Thanks,Ryan

magic question is what do you plan to use for parking brake?

Who needs a parking brake, unless you are parking in the mall parking lot. Just kidding.... Thinking of using a line lock or a drive shaft parking brake.

I just buy the weld on brackets for midsize chev calipers from the speed shop and use a chev rotor(requires a little grinding).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom