Stereo FAQ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any thoughts on what color the volume control wires are from the steering wheel on an 06?

Maybe you guy's can help!

I just replaced my door speakers with fosgate T3 components and coaxials. Also, I added a 4 channel Memphis amp to power my door speakers. Sub is stock. I have an 2005 LC with nav, factory amp is still under the passenger seat and its outputs feed my new amp. The problem is I have a loud hum that is pissing me off! Some have said to intro a ground loop device? I lowered the gains but to get rid of the hum the sound was killed. Any thoughts?

Mike

I might have missed this somewhere, but I bought the harness for the 2001 normal 6 disc stereo.

On the harness it has the RCA style speaker hookups to connect to the aftermarket stereo.

Issue being, my pioneer deck does not have any RCA style outputs on the back of it.... Is there a different style harness?
Any suggestions?

Anyone with a stock 99 stereo THAT WORKS they want to get rid of?

I may have one from my newly acquired '99 shortly. Going through a couple of mech items that have to be addressed, but I am planning on installing a Pioneer NAV, so the radio will come available.

LMK if you're still looking and if a couple of weeks or so timeframe is doable. I'd be more bat to do it quickly if I can move the existing radio to a good home.

I have been reading alot of stereo thread so I bought Alpine CDE-W235BT head unit and Infinity 6032SI speakers. The speakers are 2 ohms. I have a 1999 LC, and I read that it will work but it might kill the factory amp since the factory speakers are 4 ohms. Is this going to kill it, run it as it is or should I get another amp? And if so, whats a decent amp?

OEM out of 2000 if interested... OEM amp too. PM me if interested.

Anyone with a stock 99 stereo THAT WORKS they want to get rid of?

Like so many, i have a factory nav so I'm stuck with no option for an aftermarket headunit with RCA outs. I will never get a line out converter bc of the lack of sound quality. The jl clean sweep seems like an option, but I still don't trust the high level output from the jbl amp. Has anyone tried this? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5272_PAC-OEM-1.html with this
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5957_PAC-ADD-UNV.html

And you can use this diagram to wire it up

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5957_PAC-ADD-UNV.html

just put in an alpine cde-134hd wired to factory amp.

replaced front door speakers with alpine sps-610c (2x 6.5 + 2 compontent speakers)
replaced rear door speakers with alpine sps-610 (2x 6.5)

had to cut out the oem speakers and re-use the mounting. this makes them exactly the same depth as the original speaker, and they fit perfectly inside the ring portion of the mounting (like they were made for it.) attached the component speakers to the stock bracket with 3m trim super adhesive tape.

sounds WAY better. tomorrow ill disconnect the "subs".

Hi guys, just tried to put a CD in the factory setup on my 1998 LX470. I think it has a CD jammed in it and won't play. I'm thinking of switching to either a double din head unit, or a single din head unit and single din CB.

I love the look and functionality of the double din, especially with the option of using it for navigation. But incorporating the CB for a clean install is sweet. I'm pretty into off roading as I've been building a Jeep for several years, so I *will* be running a CB somewhere.

I decided on the through-glass CB antenna. I used to use one on my Jeep and it worked perfect once I tuned it. Not much glass on a Wrangler with a soft top though haha, but it will work perfectly on the Cruiser.

Any advice on whether the dual din is worth it? Thanks!

I think it's personal preference. A double din nav system would work great for me, but even if I had a CB radio I wouldn't use it that much... So I would probably go for a double din nav unit and put the CB in an alternate location. I think there are some single din nav units available, it might allow you to install two single din units and have the setup you want. Good luck.

I have tried to line up the 3 different components: existing car wiring loom, metra 70-8112 and new Orion AVR6.1 head unit.
Does t his make sense?

The weird thing is that on all pitures I see of the 70-8112 there are 4 RCAs and 5 wires visible. Following the "manual" from Metra there are 14 pins used. Out of these 14 pins, 4 are the RCAs for the amplifier input which leaves 10 pins.
Which 5 are gone?
Anyone?

Pins.jpg

I have tried to line up the 3 different components: existing car wiring loom, metra 70-8112 and new Orion AVR6.1 head unit.
Does t his make sense?

The weird thing is that on all pitures I see of the 70-8112 there are 4 RCAs and 5 wires visible. Following the "manual" from Metra there are 14 pins used. Out of these 14 pins, 4 are the RCAs for the amplifier input which leaves 10 pins.
Which 5 are gone?
Anyone?
So did you find a solution? I have the same unit with 6 CD changer in the console and I'm looking to put a JVC unit instead. I don't mind losing the factory CD changer in the process.

Thanks.
Does t his make sense?

Which 5 are gone?
Anyone?

It all works now. But i had to cut some wires from the amplifier as I got a noise all thetime.
After bypassing the amp all is good.

It all works now. But i had to cut some wires from the amplifier as I got a noise all thetime.
Thanks for your reply. So which metra adapter did you get? The 12 or 13? Also, do you mean getting a new amp by bypassing it or lin I no the unit to speakers directly. I'm ordering those to be shipped overseas and I wanna make sure I have what I need, or most of it at least.

Thanks again. Your help is much appreciated.
Mohammed

Thanks for your reply. So which metra adapter did you get? The 12 or 13? Also, do you mean getting a new amp by bypassing it or lin I no the unit to speakers directly. I'm ordering those to be shipped overseas and I wanna make sure I have what I need, or most of it at least.

Mohammed

Mohammed

I bought the 70-8112 which connects directly to my car.
Becarefull, as I am in Australia and the radio has a different connector then in the US. Not sure where you are though.
I left the original amp under the drivers seat, only ran new speaker wires from the amp to the metra connector. The radio is powered through the amp.
The Lexus dealer gave me a copy of the wiring diagram when I asked them.

I bought the 70-8112 which connects directly to my car.
Becarefull, as I am in Australia and the radio has a different connector then in the US. Not sure where you are though.
I left the original amp under the drivers seat, only ran new speaker wires from the amp to the metra connector. The radio is powered through the amp.
The Lexus dealer gave me a copy of the wiring diagram when I asked them.

Mine is in the middle east and I think I got the same unit as yours. It's the same cassette unit in the dash and 6 CDs in the center console. Thanks for your help. I'll be ordering the unit with a 70-8112 connecter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom