Stereo FAQ (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm am using an Aviv z2. So I tapped the acc pwr and grnd at the metra and it worked. I am obviously having a problem with with my 12v circuit. I will start a different thread for help with that matter.

Thank you all for your help it was much appreciated I hope to repay the help to you all

You said z2 before and i forgot. :eek:

Glad you got it... most folks forget to set the type of camera on the headunit.

IMG_0690.jpg
IMG_0690.jpg

pfran42 said:
Yo, Rob! Quit going back and forth with this guy and get back to work on my NAV-delete conversion!

Truth be told, I am actually following this thread closely.

You have no idea. These f'n connectors.... I'm on it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using IH8MUD

I'm trying to figure out how to slide out the stereo head unit so I can plug in a sat radio harness. I have an '05 LC w/ nav, so the head unit is located towards the bottom of the center stack.

I'm sure the fancy surround piece just pops off, but want to be careful not to honk it up.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,

Gaps around my stereo

G'day all,
This is my first post on the MUD forums, so I hope this post works... Anyways, I have recently installed a single din head unit with a tray underneath, but I have these hideous gaps around the edges... Any recommendations on how to fix them? It would be much appreciated, thx

Welcome...

The opening is a standard double din opening. It sounds like you are using a single din radio so you need something equal to a din size below. A Toyota or equivalent pocket is a popular choice. This should get you pretty close but on occasion takes a little creativity drilling extra hole in the radio mounts or using spacers etc.... Each radio is just a little different. Any pics?

Does this help?
BTW i havnt seen any facia kits for the 100 series? can you send me a link or something?
stero in cruiser pic.JPG

The new LC has a wider opening, 200mm vs 180.

Yeah that's ugly. Didn't realize the newer ones had a bigger opening. Check out metra brand 95-8202 on amazon or the like. Might do the trick and only $10

I'm having some issues with my stock radio.

Its a 2000lc single disc/cassette/am/FM

It appears identical to the one in my mini truck that came out if a 2000 Tacoma. However the number on the front is different.

My problem is im using USA spec iPod emulator which works fine. However I'm trying to install the blutletooth emulator and it won't let them both work at the same time. They play nicely in my mini truck but the head unit in the lc will not accept more than one input in the CD changer plug.

Were there more than one single disc option for the LC in these early years?

I'm thinking about trying to get another radio out of a different Toyota and installing that. But I don't know if it will play nice with the antenna and stuff...

Mine also looks different than the one pictures in the first page of this thread

Any wisdom?

Anyone using an Android stereo?

I found the following:
My numbering is incorrect, Toyota/Lexus start with their numbering from top left. Meaning my 09 should read 01 and 08 should 15.
The connector with the 3 wires are for the antenna.
For the 15-pin, that is combined power and amplifier. All wires are acounted for, except 3. :-(
All wires for the CD-stack are there.
Now to find the function of the 3 remaining wires.
Will post the wire diagram tomorrow.

Finally found the function for the missing wires.
The 2 missing in the power connector are for the illumination and light dimmer.
Now, I saw the mention of the Metra 70-8112.
This is a 15-pin amp connector.
My question is: how can a 15-pin connector from the oEM stereo end up with a 9 wires?
4x RCA and 5 seperate wires.

After more searching on the web, I am almost there.
From the OEM loom, the following pins are not being used when going aftermarket.
ILL, MUTE, LL-, S GND, BEEP
I have made up the linking as below. It seems that although the US wires for the 15-pin have the same functions, the color is different. The Metra 70-8112 is for a 92-99 Toyota, but seems to be the same as the Ozzie 2002 LX470.
Only thing to know is the depth of the original radio.

Car wiring loom Metra 70-8112 stereo wiring loom
adaptor Ozproz stereo
01 black/red - AMP+ ---> wire blue/white ---> wire P
02 green --- ILL?
03 grey --- ACC ---> wire red ---> connector K via male ISO plug
04 blue (lilac) ---+B ---> wire yellow ---> connector I via male ISO plug
05 orange --- MUTE
06 pink --- FL+ ---> RCA male plug ---> RCA female plug B
07 yellow --- FR+ ---> RCA male plug ---> RCA female plug A
08 black/red --- ANT+B ---> wire blue ---> connector J via male ISO plug
09 black/white --- LL- (variable dimmer)?
10 empty
11 brown --- GND ---> wire black ---> connector L via male ISO plug
12 black --- S GND
13 green ---BEEP
14 white --- RL+ ---> RCA male plug ---> RCA female plug D
15 red ---RR+ ---> RCA male plug ---> RCA female plug C

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom