Stealing a supercharger need parts list (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pierce

SILVER Star
Threads
I need wisdom. I'm stealing a supercharger off of a 1994 year model and putting it on a 1997. Does someone have a list of parts that will be needed once I take the supercharger off of the 1994 like the intake hose? I know the easy answer is to use the parts from the 1997 on the 1994 but I need to steal the supercharger ,get the 1994 running and sell it before I put the s/c on the 1997.

Question 2, is there a replacement supercharger hose kit anywhere?

Yes I have searched... Thanks!

That's interesting that you found a 94 with a supercharger. They weren't designed for the OBD I trucks. Of course they can be made to work.

:lol:

You do realize that many folks with 8/1992-12/1994 trucks (I.E.: OBD1 trucks) have been making SC's work for well over 20 years?

Right?

See underlined text ^^^^

It works, hard to say if it works well. The ol' gal needs some love (1994). Got me from Nebraska to south Texas on Friday without a problem.

Actually TRD sold a PAIR relocation kit for a period of time in the early 2000's to allow the SC to be installed on on the ODB1 93-94 models.

See underlined text ^^^^

Yes I saw your caveat.

My point is why the **** would you even poo-poo a system if many folks have made it work already for many, many years?

And made them work well before anyone here on MUD wasted their time to make them work?

SCs are not rocket science; SC's just require cash on the front side, and smarts on the back side with installation and long term longevity.

Cruised pretty easily 70-75mph over Nebraska's gently rolling hills with 315's and stock gears. Don't no if this is normal, my 1997 is on 285's and stock gears.

Yes I saw your caveat.

My point is why the **** would you even poo-poo a system if many folks have made it work already for many, many years?

And made them work well before anyone here on MUD wasted their time to make them work?

SCs are not rocket science; SC's just require cash on the front side, and smarts on the back side with installation and long term longevity.

I said its interesting that he found one on an OBD I truck. At what point did I "poo-poo" his system Mr. internet warrior ?

I apologize to the OP that your thread is already off topic. I believe @cruiserdan has an OBD I truck with a supercharger. He might be willing to help you with a parts list.

Has Beno always been as rude as recently? I see he has 22K posts going way back, is he some sort of forum bad ass?

Has Beno always been as rude as recently? I see he has 22K posts going way back, is he some sort of forum bad ass?

I'm not sure if he's always been that way, but I've certainly noticed in the last few years. Its the reason I stopped buying parts from him.

To the original poster, I presume you want to return the 94 to it's original configuration.

This will depend on how the truck was modified. Most likely the PAIR system was removed altogether and at least some of that stuff is discontinued. The heater return hose and tube is also specific to 93/94 as well as the air intake hose.

The air cleaner housing may have also been modified.

Pictures of the engine bay, especially passenger side, of both rigs would help to see what is missing and what is still there.

IMG_8442.JPG
IMG_8444.JPG
IMG_8445.JPG
IMG_8446.JPG

That's the best i can do for the moment. If you need a different angle let me know.

Looks like you will need a new air box top, hose from the box between the mac and intake, and if the pair system was deleted then that hard pipe though in reality not a really needed system so maybe just block off plates on the manifolds

IMG_5482.PNG
I have read the install manual. There aren't any part numbers. I don't want to buy a bunch of random parts that I think will work and lose my butt on restocking and shipping fees...

No.2 water bypass pipe
Heater hose

Does anyone know the part numbers?

I think @Iceaxe had a bunch of part numbers in his thread. I could be dreaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom