For Sale Stainless Stel FJ40 Tub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am offering up 3 handmade stainless steel tubs for $10,500/tub. The tubs include the front cowl to the rear quarter panels.

While ordering a tub for my 73 FJ40 barn find, I decided to order three extra to sell to others, who may be in need. The tubs will be available in late Spring to early Summer, as they have to be hand made and delivered.

All three tubs for sale are stainless steel. Two are similar in that they closely resemble OEM tubs with slight enhancements (wheel well water-tight, locking compartments, rear bed water-tight locking compartment, etc.). One is a more modern take on the OEM tub, retaining most of the classic lines but updating to allow for new dash switches or a new-style aftermarket radio, as well as other slight updates. (Feel free to ask questions, if you have any)

The tubs are being delivered to Memphis, TN, which is centrally located and an ideal spot to ship to anywhere in the country (if only FedEx delivered FJ40 tubs....). Arrangements must be made to either pick the tub up or have it shipped from Memphis to its final destination.

Tubs will be sold on a first come first served basis.

Please PM me with any questions.

Charles

Are these tstevans tubs from France? Do you have any photographs of the type of tubs you will be reselling?

These are Tseven's from France. I do not have any pics, as they are not completed yet. I can try to pull pics of already completed tubs, but they will not be of the actual tubs for sale on this post. PM me if interested.

Charles, Can you tell me if this half tub I have is a: tstevans tubs from France?

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Totally need to fabricate the remainder of the body in stainless, THEN we can make a 40 into a time machine. In order for the flux capacitor to work, you have to get it up to 8.8 mph and maintain 8.8 mpg, which could prove troublesome.

Totally need to fabricate the remainder of the body in stainless, THEN we can make a 40 into a time machine. In order for the flux capacitor to work, you have to get it up to 8.8 mph and maintain 8.8 mpg, which could prove troublesome.
Trust me, I asked, begged, and pleaded for additional steel work, ha.

Maybe one day, and when that day comes, I will be standing in line....

We can just start at the top of a hill, and hopefully we will reach the required 8.8 mph by the time we reach the bottom

Charles, Can you tell me if this half tub I have is a: tstevans tubs from France?
I do not want to misrepresent myself as a Tseven master or guru. I just found something I wanted (the Tseven tub), thought otters might want one too, and ordered a few.

Having said that, the work that I have seen done on the French tubs and the level of detail that is used does differ from the pictures you attached. I cannot say with any real certainty where those tubs came from. However, what I can say is that those pictures do differ quite substantially from the pictures I have seen of Tseven's work.

These are some quick pictures of the work.

These pics include both body types (gas tank inside and outside). One pic is of the adaptation of a 5 speed gear box setup.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I am offering up 3 handmade stainless steel tubs for $10,500/tub. The tubs include the front cowl to the rear quarter panels.

While ordering a tub for my 73 FJ40 barn find, I decided to order three extra to sell to others, who may be in need. The tubs will be available in late Spring to early Summer, as they have to be hand made and delivered.

All three tubs for sale are stainless steel. Two are similar in that they closely resemble OEM tubs with slight enhancements (wheel well water-tight, locking compartments, rear bed water-tight locking compartment, etc.). One is a more modern take on the OEM tub, retaining most of the classic lines but updating to allow for new dash switches or a new-style aftermarket radio, as well as other slight updates. (Feel free to ask questions, if you have any)

The tubs are being delivered to Memphis, TN, which is centrally located and an ideal spot to ship to anywhere in the country (if only FedEx delivered FJ40 tubs....). Arrangements must be made to either pick the tub up or have it shipped from Memphis to its final destination.

Tubs will be sold on a first come first served basis.

Please PM me with any questions.

Charles
Are the tubs long gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom