Spring 2016 OBDR (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Subd. I want to come, Iv got my stock 4Runner on 33s and my brother may bring my Trekker on 31s. Think it's doable for "mostly" stockers or would we get in the way?

I'm coming into this from the ExPo, Trucman.

Sent from my iPhone using paper airplanes.

Mostly Forrest service roads... With occasional tree down, wash out, rutted sections...

You can make relatively quick run of it in the summer, but given the dates purposed and winter we have been having I'm betting snow will be an issue.

-A

Mostly Forrest service roads... With occasional tree down, wash out, rutted sections...

You can make relatively quick run of it in the summer, but given the dates purposed and winter we have been having I'm betting snow will be an issue.

-A

Yup what AMMO said. Mid summer I'm sure stock vehicles would be more than fine. With the run being in May we will more than likely run into snow. Hard to say if it will even be passable with the kind of snow fall we have had this winter. But I guess that will be part of the fun. We will try and see what happens.

Chains for both axles on a 4X4 toyota truck is like driving a tank. Softer snow can favor larger tires/more clearance, but in a group with enough winches this can be managed...unless the trail is off-camber...but that doesn't sound likely on this route.

Like this? :p

Yesterday:

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1453656841.726062.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1453656851.691831.jpg

Sweet! Looks good to me, hopefully there won't be any bad snow drifts. When those freeze up they can be pretty difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using paper airplanes.

Anyone have a date nailed down for this thing yet?

Anyone have a date nailed down for this thing yet?
I dont think we have set it for sure yet but I think that the meeting and leaving from Sisters on May 13th sounds like it might work the best. I know one person said that didnt work for them but quite a few have said it does. We will be in Senneca by Sunday and those who only have the weekend can leave and drive back home at that point. Those of us that have more time can turn south and do some of the route through the Steens.

I'm tentatively in for the 13th. I'll know more once I get a solid schedule for this summer, but don't think I'll have anything until the 20th or later.

-Mike

I think I have to bail if it is that early. If it moves back to June I could likely join.

I think when we get ~60 days out, let's say mid march we should do a poll for dates and finalize rigs, people, route, etc.

Works for me.

Took the wheelchairs out for a ride today. The snow is starting to recede, but there is still 4-5 feet of snow above 5000'. I don't get nervous on a four wheeler with lockers front and rear very often, but after the second stuck it was time to turn around. More snow is on the way this week, maybe another foot over the next 7-10 days up high.

SNOWBOARD WEEKEND!

Definitely in for at least pieces and parts, if not the whole thing. I've done a lot of those stops on various trips, but never in a loop with a bunch of fellow cruiserheads!

If anyone can bring a block for my 2FE project I'll trade you its weight in Deschutes beer;)

Hi all,

I have wanted to do the OBCDR for awhile. Why not leave a couple of days before Memorial Day weekend?

Regards,

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom