Spotted????

JohnVee

SILVER Star
on Rixlew just before the train tracks in Manassas.
Anybody else think it's weird how NOVA can have a road with an awesome name (Pope's Head Rd) and then have one called Rixlew not too far away? Sounds like there should be a Walmart on it. Whoops, I forgot - there is.

Side note: Popes Head Rd was the sight of many a fatal accident back in the 80's. Haven't been on it in years. Anybody know if they ever straightened out some of those blind switchbacks and esses?

I went looking for that 70 today and couldn't find it.
I did see someone in an all white 80 driving by the Eden Center during my scouting mission. We waved. Winning.
Belated... but here is the 70 near Eden center in the snow last wed...

Devilmans Hand

TLCA #19517

Side note: Popes Head Rd was the sight of many a fatal accident back in the 80's. Haven't been on it in years. Anybody know if they ever straightened out some of those blind switchbacks and esses?

No changes. Still tons of accidents every year, especially when people want to race and jump hills. Road still has tons of constant nighttime fog. Fairfax station is a little better and there is now a center line. Newman road is still a popular race strip, and motorcycles die there every now and then.

I just saw an overland rig in Baltimore on St. Paul st. It was parked right outside our office. It's a white Discovery with Colorado plates. If that's you, buy you a beer if you wanna chat. Sorry did snap a picture.

D21FJ60

Daydreaming

Sunday afternoon a 03+ black lx470 parked next to us at gainesville cabelas. Had USMC sticker on the back and size up KO2s. Fellow got out of it and was wearing shorts in the crummy 40ish degree weather.

I think I just saw a 70 series turning from M street onto the Key Bridge headed towards Arlington. I was on the bus (not the short bus this time :hillbilly:) so couldn’t catch up.

Top Bottom