Spark plug replacement resources (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for resources on how to change/replace my 2014 LX 570 spark plugs. I have found some YouTube videos on the actual unscrew/removal of the spark plugs and install them. However, I'm looking for the part that's before the actual removing and installing of the plugs itself. I need to know/see what other "stuff" I need to remove before I get to the spark plugs on the engine. Any help is appreciated.

Here are two threads I used.

Plus the issue I had with Cylinder #7 that most other folks didn't seem to have - RTH: coil pack interference on driver side - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/rth-coil-pack-interference-on-driver-side.1317514/

I replaced my plugs within the last couple weeks. I have a 2008 LC and the passenger side required unplugging the wire harness from the firewall to move the harness to the side. I also had to remove two bolts which hold heater hoses to allow better access to the rear plug hole. I did not have to remove anything thing else. It was relatively straightforward and less work than my 2018 4Runner.

You'll need a couple of different socket extensions for the driver's side. You'll put a shorter extension on the plug socket and get it started in the hole and then add an extension to that. This just helps you get past some of the fuse panels etc... A single long extension gets in the way.

I replaced my plugs within the last couple weeks. I have a 2008 LC and the passenger side required unplugging the wire harness from the firewall to move the harness to the side. I also had to remove two bolts which hold heater hoses to allow better access to the rear plug hole. I did not have to remove anything thing else. It was relatively straightforward and less work than my 2018 4Runner.

You'll need a couple of different socket extensions for the driver's side. You'll put a shorter extension on the plug socket and get it started in the hole and then add an extension to that. This just helps you get past some of the fuse panels etc... A single long extension gets in the way.
Okay, so I found this carid dot-com site that sells tools for specific job. Which of these tools I need and which ones are nice to have to make the job go smoother? I will need a tool to unclips these plugs so any recommendation is appreciated.
1709925606352.png

I'm looking for resources on how to change/replace my 2014 LX 570 spark plugs. I have found some YouTube videos on the actual unscrew/removal of the spark plugs and install them. However, I'm looking for the part that's before the actual removing and installing of the plugs itself. I need to know/see what other "stuff" I need to remove before I get to the spark plugs on the engine. Any help is appreciated.
Where are you in WI, I have a mechanic in Cottage Grove who has been working on my ‘13 Lx for years, super good and reasonable.

I will need a tool to unclips these plugs so any recommendation is appreciated.
My fingers worked just fine to remove those plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom