Spare tire mounting idea (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Boston Mangler said:
Without tailgates, there would be no tailgating! Then what would you do before a ballgame? :flipoff2:

Or sit during a beer break while wrenching. :D

Tailgates RULE. Just where did I put that bolt....

cruiser larry said:
Rusty Phillips the front wouldn't be hard to do I made one fot a truck one time it worked good.

Though it may work well, If you are a wheeling rig-this too is a bad idea. I think I would have flatted more than my share of front mounted spare tires on rocks. But I see you're in AL? I would guess less of an issue there.

If you guys want another solution, I believe Slee's very close to having these in production now. Installs where the 3rd row grab handle goes up top, and you drill 4 holes in the floor to secure the bottom plate with bolts. :cool:
slee_int_tire.jpg

ooooooooh, i like that method!

hopefully he has the tank mount too, because i was looking for a place to mount that as well!

thanks for that pic, very cool!

I'm not sure.. send emails & PM's to Sleeoffroad and I'm sure you'll get an answer though. It is SEMA season, so I'm not sure who's around right now, but last time I spoke with Christo he told me they were about ready, and ok if I wanted to spill the beans, etc. I've had mine installed since Moab and it's been great. Don't use it for the tire, but do mount the CO2 to it, and I'm working on a way to mount a fire extinguisher to it as well. Plus you can move that grab handle to above the driver's seat, if you've got a 95-97.. :)

nakman said:
I'm not sure.. send emails & PM's to Sleeoffroad and I'm sure you'll get an answer though. It is SEMA season, so I'm not sure who's around right now, but last time I spoke with Christo be told me they were about ready, and ok if I wanted to spill the beans, etc. I've had mine installed since Moab and it's been great. Don't use it for the tire, but do mount the CO2 to it, and I'm working on a way to mount a fire extinguisher to it as well. Plus you can move that grab handle to above the driver's seat, if you've got a 95-97.. :)

Cool, do you happen to know if it will fit a big 20lb tank as well?

Very slick product!

I know the ORIGINAL reason for that bar and it AINT fer car stuff.........:flipoff2:

Tim was test monkey, have a couple that is ready to sell, but probably spoken for. Trying to get production ones before Christmas. It will be sold as a arm assembly ($175) then tire mount adapter ($25) and generic clamps $10 each. The clamps and tire mount attaches to the tube with U bolts. The idea is a generic mounting arm for heavy stuff. The 10lbs bottle fits between the arm and side panel. The 20lb should as well, depending on how you angle it.

The generic adapters are used to secure the co2 tank brackets to the arm.

Now that my LC 4.5 is now running on LPG, and the LPG tank fits snuggly under where the spare wheel was situated, I need to be able to carry my spare somewhere else, how much weight can the 12mm screw holes in the rear bumper/fender take? I was thinking of making a hinged wheel carrier that can bolt to these fixings, any idea's ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom