Sound deadener and new seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Second phase will include deadening the well wells and rear quarter panels along with tinting the rig. It may be a month or so before I get to those but I look forward to it![/QUOTE]

CruisinTiger....you sold me...I just bought a front set of heated gray leather PT Cruiser seats from a pick and pull in AZ. I'll be down there for the winter in a month to pick them up. They are pulling them now for me and storing till I get there. $115 plus some for the governor out the door. You may want to look at the SOR molded carpet wheel well covers to knock down sound. When you get them they look like no way they will fit and think you got ripped off but take the rear seat out to get good access and some velcro tape and they fit perfect, I am very happy with them. And really helps with road noise. I hope my seats go in as easy as yours. Mine only come with arm rest on drivers seat, I think it should clear my tuffy console.

Will do John. It will be about a month. Maybe cruisintiger can get us measurement to bottom of folded down armrest to the floor by the seat belt and another from driver door panel to passenger side of the driver armrest?

Thanks for the kind words Bear lake. We had our annual meeting today and so it was about an hour away and let me tell you, it was the most pleasant trip I have ever taken in my cruiser. There wasn't the first ting or tangle or racket or wobbly glass, the added density to the floors and doors is simply amazing on what a difference it makes. The reflectix is decent, with it only being an hour trip and the temp today was about 80 degrees it was pleasant. I may end up adding a second layer of reflectix over the front of the tranny hump and floorboars

Already Subbed. But I have to say Man that thing looks great!!

Thanks C130, I am quite pleased with the way it turned out. The car wash for the carpet made a huge difference, I've gotta get my floor mats cleaned and then get one for the back floor board so they stay clean.

I'm going to brag a little bit, but my 60 isn't my DD any more and tonight jumped in it and drove it to church and the to the store and man I feel like I am riding in a new vehicle. The seats are higher so my arm rests nicely on the door with the window down, there are no more rattles with the deadener on the floors and doors. I am actually happy to drive my rig again, I will admit it was wearing on me lately and this is like a breath of fresh air and makes me feel good!

I got a set of the PT seats about a year ago. Awesome upgrade. Mine have an armrest on the drivers side but not on the other one. Found out later the passenger side doesn't because it folds forward completely flat. Makes a good table or you can load long items from the dash to the hatch. Also has a nice mesh pocket on the back.

I'm going to brag a little bit, but my 60 isn't my DD any more and tonight jumped in it and drove it to church and the to the store and man I feel like I am riding in a new vehicle. The seats are higher so my arm rests nicely on the door with the window down, there are no more rattles with the deadener on the floors and doors. I am actually happy to drive my rig again, I will admit it was wearing on me lately and this is like a breath of fresh air and makes me feel good!

Tiger or Scott...can you get measurements to that arm rest pivot as per my 9/27 post above?

Sorry bear about the delay, got started on another project and it slipped my mind. I hope I understood the measurements you need, if ya need anything else just let me know.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Sorry bear about the delay, got started on another project and it slipped my mind. I hope I understood the measurements you need, if ya need anything else just let me know.

CruisinTiger, thanks a bunch, exactly what I was looking for. JohninFla above was looking for this too. thanks again!

Test fitted the seats tonight, I will have to fanagle the rear inside bracket on each seat but that's not a big deal. They fit really nice and the passenger also has a ton of leg room, no more eatin the dash for that person!

View attachment 943847 View attachment 943848

Most of the Jute out, the floor board jute is thick and was a pain to get off so if it didn't come off I left it. Also left it on the tranny hump since that gets so hot I figured every little bit helps. So tomorrow the install will begin and I should finish all but the front drivers floor board. Going to use some rust converter, paint it, and then glass it. Then I'll cover it with frost king also.
View attachment 943849
Did you stick with the LC seatbelts or did you grab the ones out of the PT cruiser donor?

Did you stick with the LC seatbelts or did you grab the ones out of the PT cruiser donor?

I stuck with the LC seat belts, I just took off the part that the belt clips into off the pt seat and tossed it. Was hoping I could thread the LC clip thru the slot but it's too narrow.

2014-10-27 10.32.19.jpg 2014-10-27 10.32.51.jpg 2014-10-27 10.33.11.jpg 2014-10-27 10.34.01.jpg 2014-10-27 10.34.43.jpg
Here are my seats from a 2001 PT Cruiser, leather, both seats heated, drivers side has arm rest, passenger side fold flat forward to provide a level surface. Both recline way back. Have not wired in heaters nor the height motor (drivers side only) as I want to do some other wiring at the same time and need to plan it out. But they worked when I jumpered them right to battery for a test. Sorry, not sure why they all got flipped on their side for this post. These are in an 84 model. slots must be cut in plastic trim to allow seat belts to move freely when moving seat front to rear.
2014-10-27 10.32.19.jpg
2014-10-27 10.32.51.jpg
2014-10-27 10.33.11.jpg
2014-10-27 10.34.01.jpg
2014-10-27 10.34.43.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom