SOR Overhead Console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

After anyone with experience with the SOR overhead console. I am really considering my options, and there are only a limited few here in Australia. The best I've seen so far are the SOR and another in NZ, preference toward the SOR one.

The photos online are fairly limited, so I'd appreciate anyone that has one installed to share their experience and post some more photos showing different angles etc.

Dan

Here are 2 photos of my modified tray.
Front Speaker 02.jpg
Front Speaker 01.jpg

Hi
Re console
Take your pick left or right.
If there is interest I will start a new thread with build details.
Bolts to all existing holes.
Cheers

^^^^

Do a build thread. I have been thinking of one of these for years.

I need HAM space, tach and maybe speakers.

Too high for a cup holder. :D

I can't see your rear view mirror. ????

Hi 45 Kevin
I will do a thread but this will have to wait till next week as I'm out of the country at the moment .
Rear view mirror and sunvisers are all part of the console.
Speakers are also fitted however the sunvisers do not fold over the speakers. It all just fits so well.
The unit is colour coded in silver and black as to match the dash of the 1980 style 40 series
Thanks for your interest.
Cheers

Hi made mine .will try and add photo
Fitted are GPS CB Gauges Tacko and trailer brakes plus other goodies
Cheers

Now THAT! is an overhead console! :clap:That looks great!

very nice ... looks like there's a lot of flexibility re what the space could be used for ... I have simpler needs ... looking forward to your thread ...
:cheers:

Very cool

Hi
Re console
Take your pick left or right.
If there is interest I will start a new thread with build details.
Bolts to all existing holes.
Cheers

Bambigirl, you are one cruel SOB to be posting stuff that I WANT, but don't have the skills or shop to build. If you are ever motivated to make another for $, here, take mine $$$$ please!

I really like the fact that if someone was just peering into your vehicle, this would pretty much be out of sight. Great idea & execution. More PIX

Blake

Awesome ideas, and options. I had considered making a mould for a fibreglass console, by scrapped the idea because of the cost (for a one off).

Looking at the steel options now has made me reconsider.

How did you measure/template the curve of the roof?

That's looks great. Does it mount to the roll at or the fiberglass cap?

Another WOW to Bambi Girl! though I guess you[re not into taking the top off much. :)

I had an SOR overhead tray in my '79 40 for most of the first 26 years I owned it. Great for anything and everything with its most important feature overall being the radar detector mount. I remember one con though, and that was the reflection of light at night from turn sig lamps and other lights off the bottom of it.

Excellent! My cage would interfere with one. FYI exhaust clamps are an easy way to mount guages to the roll bar... And by the top wiper motor is a convenient place to have them mounted (and out of sight of passers by).

Hi all
I did not think this console would be of that much interest.
Back in Australia next week so will do a proper thread.
Some answers . Reflection yes I am aware of this so the underside is powder coated low sheen black.
How is it attached? I will go into that in the thread but it not attached to the fibreglass roof.
The design would allow the console to be fitted with an internal windscreen wiper motor.
A change in the mounting bars would be required
Some more photos. This time showing the build .
Cheers
image-954930183.jpg
image-2084918575.jpg
image-3343948488.jpg
image-1123963374.jpg

you could make one for less than the sor one and the tray was rather pointless as stuff bounced out when you hit bumps. i ended up putting a mesh with elastic facing across the front. you could slip it off of bolts that stuck out to put stuff up there. good for bolting up cbs and hams tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom