Some pics of Carl the FJ60. Thought I'd share (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just thought I'd share some pics of my Covid 19 project. "Carl" is a guy that doesn't care if you throw up in the back seat after bad tequila. He's more interested in the fun adventure than the ancillary BS. I've had Carl for a few years but when SIP happened I decided that I'd rather work on bringing him back to life than watching Lester Holt and Dateline with my wife. Here are some pic's of the final project. I've got a ton more on Instagram. @daveanderson8383
04AD1E87-8199-4C0F-9ED7-0063041E0F6E_1_105_c.jpeg
5C15BE73-533F-4CDB-BDCF-379BE1CCA4B8_1_105_c.jpeg
daveanderson8383

landcruiser sunset.jpg

front seats.jpeg

Front view.jpeg

That plaid upholstery almost has an '80 VW Sirocco vibe to it...in a good way, in this case.

In many VWs, the upholstery makes you wonder what drugs were taken when the interior style decisions were made.

That plaid upholstery almost has an '80 VW Sirocco vibe to it...in a good way, in this case.

In many VWs, the upholstery makes you wonder what drugs were taken when the interior style decisions were made.
Now that you mention it.... Your right. I can think of a few drugs that were taken..:) There were numerous other patterns I had available when doing this and it could have been much worse. It actually fits when you see it in person, plus, these things are too hot for leather....

Nice! is that a 4plus bumper?

Any pics of the engine bay? What carb cap did you use to go from the carb to the snorkel? I'm rebuilding my 87 FJ60 2F right now and with all the new parts/desmog and cleanup, I want to ditch the huge ugly filter and do something different.

Any pics of the engine bay? What carb cap did you use to go from the carb to the snorkel? I'm rebuilding my 87 FJ60 2F right now and with all the new parts/desmog and cleanup, I want to ditch the huge ugly filter and do something different.
Take a look at my instragram account. I think there are pic's there of the engine bay and carb. Here is one. I can't recall where i got it. Happy to relook if you like. Dave

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 4.07.35 PM.png

Looks like you're running a weber, probably with this hat:

Thanks! Great looking 60!

Nice Rig!

is your coolant overflow bottle empty?

Now that you mention it.... Your right. I can think of a few drugs that were taken..:) There were numerous other patterns I had available when doing this and it could have been much worse. It actually fits when you see it in person, plus, these things are too hot for leather....
Stellar!

Just thought I'd share some pics of my Covid 19 project. "Carl" is a guy that doesn't care if you throw up in the back seat after bad tequila. He's more interested in the fun adventure than the ancillary BS. I've had Carl for a few years but when SIP happened I decided that I'd rather work on bringing him back to life than watching Lester Holt and Dateline with my wife. Here are some pic's of the final project. I've got a ton more on Instagram. @daveanderson8383View attachment 2490492View attachment 2490493daveanderson8383

View attachment 2490496

View attachment 2490498

View attachment 2490499
Laughing my a$$ of on the Lester Holt comment.
Ive escaped to the garage as well after bing watching husbands killing wives and wives killing husbands.....looked at my wife and asked if we both should be worried
nice rig.

Laughing my a$$ of on the Lester Holt comment.
Ive escaped to the garage as well after bing watching husbands killing wives and wives killing husbands.....looked at my wife and asked if we both should be worried
nice rig.
Covid 19 might not kill me, but it may be the death of me. "Hope your staying positive, and testing Negative"

Looks like you're running a weber, probably with this hat:

Thanks! Great looking 60!
Thank you sir.

Is this an air filter?

1605024862012.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom