SAS Solid Axle Summit #4 Official Thread 2020 (3 Viewers)

SAS #4 Color Choices

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I received a call from KOA this week informing me that my request to be moved to the back of the park could be filled. I was very happy to learn I would be in 47C. Then I looked at the KOA map to discover it was the same camp site Jimmy was in for SAS #2. The site the bear raided repeatedly! Hmmm could be an interesting stay at the KOA!! :hmm::meh:
I received a call from KOA this week informing me that my request to be moved to the back of the park could be filled. I was very happy to learn I would be in 47C. Then I looked at the KOA map to discover it was the same camp site Jimmy was in for SAS #2. The site the bear raided repeatedly! Hmmm could be an interesting stay at the KOA!! :hmm::meh:

We will be neighbors Mike. Come on August..

Two thoughts here Casey.

First: we can fend of the critters together (there’s strength in numbers)

Second: we were neighbors in 2018 for SAS #2. :hmm:

Two thoughts here Casey.

First: we can fend of the critters together (there’s strength in numbers)

Second: we were neighbors in 2018 for SAS #2. :hmm:
Two things I have learned from years of camping in the mountains, dispersed or in a campground.
1. Critters will be attracted to a food supply regardless. Keep your camp picked up and your food secure.
2. There more than likely will be someone in your area that doesn't use this rule and is surprised when they do come around.
Be it coyotes, javolina, raccoons, big cats or bears an easy meal is always preferred.

Casey rest assured all of my comments about campground critters are tongue in cheek. I have lived and camped in Alaska where these rules are taught emphatically and in most cases apply to daily life. I also am prepared to fend off any overly curious wildlife. Which is also a throwback to my Alaska training years.

I am eagerly looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the LC family in August.

Casey rest assured all of my comments about campground critters are tongue in cheek. I have lived and camped in Alaska where these rules are taught emphatically and in most cases apply to daily life. I also am prepared to fend off any overly curious wildlife. Which is also a throwback to my Alaska training years.

I am eagerly looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the LC family in August.

Every year so far we can count on the Johnson boys buying tons of raffle tickets (this significantly increases the odds of winning) and they will have bears in their camp at any time. 🤣

#notajohnson

I should probably explain myself.

That comment stems from the raffle last year. About every other prize winner was a Johnson family member. We started saying that at the raffle in good fun.

The reason the Johnson family won so much was because they spent a sh*tload on raffle tickets to support SAS!

Not entirely sure they truly had a net gain there, not in money. In friendship I would say they hit the jackpot

I should probably explain myself.

That comment stems from the raffle last year. About every other prize winner was a Johnson family member. We started saying that at the raffle in good fun.

The reason the Johnson family won so much was because they spent a sh*tload on raffle tickets to support SAS!

Not entirely sure they truly had a net gain there, not in money. In friendship I would say they hit the jackpot
I’d say they lost out...someone else won the bull balls and that’s a loss in my book. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Figure i'd stretch it's legs. Needed to get out of the house for a little.

Love that turbo whine. You need to roll up to Michigan!

^^^
Yes, I believe @POTATO LAUNCHER did win that beautiful rack. I like nice racks.😱

@BombCity won it at SAS2 (he gave it to Casey).
@rhah won it at SAS3
:)

next year gentleman... next year..

KIMG0484.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom