Solenoid replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for suggestions on replacement/upgrade

20231226_171434.jpg

You should clean/inspect all those contacts/connectors and then treat them with something to suppress corrosion - battery terminal spray or dielectric grease would be good choices IMHO. Those ring connectors can easily have crud rotting out the wire behind that loose fitting tape/shrink wrap - that could easily lead you to suspect the solenoid is going bad.

You should clean/inspect all those contacts/connectors and then treat them with something to suppress corrosion - battery terminal spray or dielectric grease would be good choices IMHO. Those ring connectors can easily have crud rotting out the wire behind that loose fitting tape/shrink wrap - that could easily lead you to suspect the solenoid is going bad.
Yeah, I know. That's why I wanna replace it. Suggestions on new one?

Since I don’t know what that solenoid’s purpose is. I’ll ask, could it perhaps be a starter solenoid designed for intermittent use but being used for constant duty? If so, it may be the cause of your need to replace. Just guessing here.

Since I don’t know what that solenoid’s purpose is. I’ll ask, could it perhaps be a starter solenoid designed for intermittent use but being used for constant duty? If so, it may be the cause of your need to replace. Just guessing here.
Yes, starter solenoid

Yes, starter solenoid
It appears you have a standard FJ40 starter with it's integrated starter solenoid on top.

The universal solenoid in your picture doesn't have conductors sufficiently sized for starter motor current flow.

You may want to trace out the wires from this solenoid and confirm what it's used for.

It appears you have a standard FJ40 starter with it's integrated starter solenoid on top.

The universal solenoid in your picture doesn't have conductors sufficiently sized for starter motor current flow.

You may want to trace out the wires from this solenoid and confirm what it's used for.
Agreed. That’s probably what he’ll do…after he replaces the solenoid. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom