Smittybilt x2o review anyone (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thinking of a 10k X2O not so much because of pricing but because of its submersibility, or claims of being submersible. Please refrain from knee jerk: get the Warn! I have Warn winches including a low budget one called the Tabor,and a HD 20k one. I am a fan. I have an old Ramsey that may have been sitting on my Jeepster since 1969 and it still works last I checked.
I'd really like to know peoples experiences with this particular X20 series.
Nothing in the Warn line claims to be submersible or to have waterproof motor and solenoids.
The Xeon Platinum.....pricey buggar merely claims to be very well sealed.
So I'm looking at.......is the Smittybilt making big claims.....or are they making a truly waterproof submersible winch. And if it is truly highly h20 mud and dust resistant I want that unless it has another Achilles heel.
Perhaps certain models of the warn ( or other brands) being well sealed should claim to be submersible? I have never had to run a winch while it was immersed, but I could sure see needing to. I'd love to hear fellow mudders experiences with doing so. I imagine a bunch of catfish being stunned atop the water after having done so. Try and avoid the you get what you pay for argument, you are preaching to the choir.

They do say IP68 which is "IP 68 Enclosures - IP rated as "dust tight" and protected against complete, continuous submersion in water."

Have no experience with X20 series but submerged my XRC on my Tacoma a number of times and never had any issues in the 4 years I had it, but I had siliconed up the whole solenoid and had disassembled the winch and added a ton of grease. Definitely not the same as an X20 but I had good luck with it on many long heavy pulls and submerging it and whatever else.

I was looking at the same winch. I have a 8274 on my 40, but like the same things you pointed out for my 80. Trying to find out if it fits on a ARB winch brush bar on my 91 80 series.

My XRC has made its money back with 7 hard pulls within a 2months period winter wheeling in Montana. Limited lifetime warranty on mechanical parts if I remember right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom