Slipping in snow/ice on Toyo OC AT III tires - any suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Drove around town during that storm, to and from work with the AT3W's. They worked great, was totally hooked up.

I bought and installed the Blizzaks (DMv2s 285/50R20; $1,320 all-in for 4).

First day today on the snow and ice. They were AMAZING. I was planted on the ice while Jeeps and other vehicles were sliding sideways and some even doing full 360s.

Very happy so far.

tempImagefjP6Zc.png

tempImageMeWuJF.png

tempImageQ6BucI.png

And then the day took a turn for the worse...

A guy in an Expedition slid in the parking lot into the rear of my parked LX. (I wish he had snow tires on.)

He has good insurance and we started the claim today. But still obviously a major bummer. Tail gate and lift gate are damaged. Any tips on what to watch for during/after the repair, please let me know.

Grumvee

IMG_4696.jpg

A guy in an Expedition slid in the parking lot into the rear of my parked LX. (I wish he had snow tires on.)

He has good insurance and we started the claim today. But still obviously a major bummer. Tail gate and lift gate are damaged. Any tips on what to watch for during/after the repair, please let me know.

Grumvee

View attachment 3538135
Noooooo! What a bummer!

BTW nice wheels! 😉

Grumvee

View attachment 3538135
That sucks! You do your part to try to be safe on slick roads, and someone else less prepared cause you headaches. Bummer.

On a more hopeful note, some of the coolest motorcycle/truck/car builds that I’ve ever seen start with them being in some kind of crash… Just satin’, lemons to lemonade 😁

@Grumvee bummer sorry to hear. Hope the repairs go smoothly and the 200 get back to as good as new. Curious to know what tires this expedition running ?

Mine did extremely well in Colorado last year too. LT285/70R17

Same. Toyo ATIII on RWD Sprinter van. Best snow tire I've ever run (KO2, LTX, etc.). Wife has Falken AT3W on her 4Runner and was all over the place in snow.

Last night I had to go out on pure ice with my new Blizzaks. Multiple thaw, freezing rain cycles after ~2' of snow laid down thick ice everywhere. The ice was so bad you could barely walk across a parking lot. My dog couldn't even stand up. No way to break it up or shovel it. The LC + Blizzaks were absolutely bomber. The anti-lock only kicked in once and no traction control at all. Couldn't be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom