Slee Air Compressor Tray (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought I would comment on the fit and finish of the Slee ARB Compressor mount. I put on the single compressor and a Blue Sea 50 amp switch. Turned out pretty cool I think.

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1152.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

Nice!

I have the same with the twin compressor. Great idea to use the extra space for the Blue Sea.

Cool. Can you provide me some pictures of what the legs look like when it is installed? The directions are not very clear.

Super clean!!

Silly question: what is that hanging off the side? (In the second picture it's at the bottom position To the left of the relay). Is it a switch or a connector for an air line?

Cool. Can you provide me some pictures of what the legs look like when it is installed? The directions are not very clear.

I can't snap one right now but I have these on my device...

Let me know if you need more.

IMG_9020.JPG

IMG_9036.JPG

@Markuson, a question for you regarding the manifold for the twin compressor. I didn't see any lockers in your sig line, and was wondering the rationale for the installation of the manifold. I'm on the fence on whether to install one or not as I will just be using the compressor occasionally for airing up tires, and thought that the manifold and even a small tank wouldn't be sufficient for running air tools at constant speed. Any insight that you can offer is appreciated.

@Markuson, a question for you regarding the manifold for the twin compressor. I didn't see any lockers in your sig line, and was wondering the rationale for the installation of the manifold. I'm on the fence on whether to install one or not as I will just be using the compressor occasionally for airing up tires, and thought that the manifold and even a small tank wouldn't be sufficient for running air tools at constant speed. Any insight that you can offer is appreciated.

Good eye. Yes. I plan on installing lockers...but several things have to happen first.

My "delay rationale" is: Yes, I want lockers...but... I know I want 35's, and with them, a rear bumper for the spare... Also with 35's I'll want to *re-gear*...and if re-gearing, that's the perfect time to add *lockers.* ;)

Ever read the kid's book, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie..."? (one thing leads to another)

By the time Slee's bumper comes out, I'll likely have completed other mods and can then think about the 35/gears/locker trio together. Meanwhile...it made sense to go ahead and include the manifold.

Good eye. Yes. I plan on installing lockers...but several things have to happen first.

My "delay rationale" is: Yes, I want lockers...but... I know I want 35's, and with them, a rear bumper for the spare... Also with 35's I'll want to *re-gear*...and if re-gearing, that's the perfect time to add *lockers.* ;)

Ever read the kid's book, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie..."? (one thing leads to another)

By the time Slee's bumper comes out, I'll likely have completed other mods and can then think about the 35/gears/locker trio together. Meanwhile...it made sense to go ahead and include the manifold.

Thanks @Markuson, rationale makes total sense. I talked with Christo today, and he told me that it was much easier to make the fitting connections with the manifold, so I ended up ordering that along with the compressor mounting bracket. The next question that I had was did you wire the switch so that it illuminates with the dashboard light, and if so, how difficult was it for you to locate that wire? I was thinking of using the switch sold by Air on Board, and it has a 2-stage illumination feature which only works if it's tied into the dashboard lights. Another option that I was thinking of is to mount the switch in the same manner as what @ethernectar did, using a single switch bracket screwed into the compressor mount, but was not sure whether there is room to do so. Thanks again for your input.

Thanks @Markuson, rationale makes total sense. I talked with Christo today, and he told me that it was much easier to make the fitting connections with the manifold, so I ended up ordering that along with the compressor mounting bracket. The next question that I had was did you wire the switch so that it illuminates with the dashboard light, and if so, how difficult was it for you to locate that wire? I was thinking of using the switch sold by Air on Board, and it has a 2-stage illumination feature which only works if it's tied into the dashboard lights. Another option that I was thinking of is to mount the switch in the same manner as what @ethernectar did, using a single switch bracket screwed into the compressor mount, but was not sure whether there is room to do so. Thanks again for your input.

The switch light wiring was super easy.................because Slee did it while I was in town before Ouray! :hillbilly:

The switch light wiring was super easy.................because Slee did it while I was in town before Ouray! :hillbilly:

That would be the easy way!:)

@Markuson, additional question on the alignment of your air inflation port on the manifold. From the picture, it looks like the air inflation port is not aligned with the intake port from the compressor, can you please confirm? It looks like the manifold is a solid body and I don't see a way to change the alignment of the ports, so it could just be the angle of the picture. Also, I was interested in the quick connect air inflation adaptor mounted on the left side of the manifold (as you are looking at the driver side), was that a part of the ARB inflation kit, or sourced from another vendor? It looks like a well-made part. Thanks.

So I'm thinking about having OBA installed. I don't plan to add lockers but I am often fiddling with the air in my tires and on my trailer and it is a bit of a pain to get my ViAir portable compressor out every time. If I go with the ARB system (maybe that is the only system I should consider) should I go with a single or double? Any comments on the effectiveness of the ARB compressors for re-inflating tires or doing general tire maintenance? And if I have Slee install a light bar on my roof rack, should have have them install the air compressor at the same time?

I know a good number of people here run the single. I run the double, and WOW. It is FAST! The bracket has room for it anyway...and I think it's worth the extra cost to have a unit that is so quick--especially when in a group, where multiple vehicles would otherwise be a hassle to fill. Also, the fact it's quick means you're more likely to go to the (reduced) trouble of airing down more often...

Last edited:
If you're not going lockers then consider looking at a power tank. That will fill tires quicker and there's no install fee. Tank is similar to the double compressor cost, and it's transportable to your buddies rig if needed. Both OBA and power tank have their perks.
Good luck

If you're not going lockers then consider looking at a power tank. That will fill tires quicker and there's no install fee. Tank is similar to the double compressor cost, and it's transportable to your buddies rig if needed. Both OBA and power tank have their perks.
Good luck

That's a good point about mobility. In group wheeling, sometimes you can't pass each other to get an installed compressor to another rig.

Slightly off-topic, but what are those connector-brackets that you've attached to the "military" battery terminals?

I've used/have the same terminals, but have never seen that setup - cleaner than what I'm used to, and I'd like to get the same set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom