Since we need one.... The Club Chat Thread!!! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So, is there a HD Chevy transfer are that is a driver's drop? Looking at doing a Cummins swap into a Ford with an NV4500 that has a Chevy 32 spline output- I want to avoid stubshaft adapters... Or just go all Ford ZF and stock case.. The truck is an auto..😊🙄

I think they were just a np241 from the 1/2 ton to the 1 ton. Depending on year they could be driver or passenger drop. Make sure you have the later nv4500. I have an earlier one and it can't be swapped to a cummins. If I were to do the swap I'd buy a whole truck with your preferred drivetrain. My buddy bought his for $1800 and swapped it into his 95 f350 crew cab. He used the dodge auto, it was already built to the hilt. The thing can burn off his 37's after he did only a few mods. He took me for a drive and nothing that large should be that fast. It was scary.

I drove a cummins dodge that was scary fast befote. Youre right in that a one ton on 37s shouldn't be able to burn second or third gear. Lol

I like the uniformity of the Ford transfer case to a ZF 5 or 6 and an adapter to Cummins or all Cummins/Dodge and no adapters at all aside from any driveline stuff. If anyone has any leads let me know...

Uhhh just realized I have a Bw1356 from my buddy's 1995 f350 gasser sitting right here. It's yours if you get it out of my shop by the end of the weekend. It was bolted to his e4od. I couldn't use it because it didn't have the vss in the tailshaft that I needed to control the e4od. Had to go with an older transfer case. Its good for mock up at the very least. It's huge but doesn't weigh much, you can check out this f100 I have here for size too which I swapped in a 90 bronco Bw1356 in it.

15507863775694395574659441918448.jpg

15507865248816501671101888533820.jpg

Cool, I can swing by tomorrow if that works for you.. I have no idea what I need yet..

When are going to start your TV/reality show? You know, auction adventures, sweet projects, annoyed neighbors and quick flip stuff?

Yeah the key is to own your neighbors and they can't say a whole lot. I'll be around all day tomorrow. I have a bunch of sweet old trucks in the driveway right now, can't say I'm complaining. Someone else told me I should do a YouTube channel too.

One of the old trucks is leaving today so I wanted to snap a pic. Only one of these is mine.
Right to left:
Green 68 ford f100 4wd, doing a mechanical restoration on it for a buddy. 460/e4od, disc brakes and power steering. Almost done leaves next week. His grandpa bought it brand new and it was his high school car.
1950 chevy 5 window swapped onto a 2000 s10, keeping 4.3 and auto and all the wiring for a customer, 2 months left. His grandpa bought it brand new and it's been sitting in a field with a blown engine.
1974 Ford f250 extra cab 2wd. 390/4speed 2wd. Selling for a friend. Leaving today. It is a clapped out pile but it was the guys daily driver, landlord and I bought him a newer vehicle.
2003 Tahoe, donor for a 72 blazer for a buddy. Starting first thing this fall.
1974 chevy k20, 454, auto. Selling on eBay for a friend, her dad died and this thing was sitting in his garage, it's absolutely immaculate.
My 1990 k3500, crew cab, 4wd, tbi 350 and granny 4 speed. Gonna be for sale later this spring.
It's just a fun older gathering of random trucks. I don't mind looking at any of them.

Yesterday I guess. Eeek. That probably ramp up traffic on 199. :(

My kid was stuck on Anderson butte a couple days ago so I had to go recover him. A jeep jk got there just before me, brand new 35" mud tires little lift, lots of extra fancy accessories. He tried to pull my kid out who was literally stuck in the middle of the road and just barely, and got stuck himself. I pulled the jeep out backwards with almost no effort.... He must have broke one of his front axles because he only had 2wd. Then somehow the front axle must have locked up and his front driveshaft twisted off like butter. No bang, no jarring just all of a sudden it's flopping around. I finally tell him we need to pull it off but in the meantime it had cracked the automatic transmission! I tugged him down to dry ground and he took off leaving a trail of atf. Nice kid, had admitted he just bought it this way and literally put new tires on it yesterday. Didn't have tools or really even know how to unbolt his front driveshaft. Probably has at least $3k in damage cuz there was no way he was gonna repair it himself! F*#$in jeeps. I couldn't believe Tristen made it as far as he did. The roads were dry and then all of a sudden there was a foot of wet snow on them. I was pissed that he didn't take another rig with him. I feel bad for the kid with the jeep but I can't believe how much carnage it had. It's not like it had lockers or anything. Absolutely nothing happened to Tristen's 4runner and my Tundra barely had to try to unstick both of them.
On another note my extreme prejudice against the quality and ability of jeep is reaffirmed. If it was a Rubicon maybe it wouldn't have broke the front axle and lead to the downstream carnage. But still, his tires weren't very big and it was an automatic open diff in very forgiving snow! Oh well, that's why we drove Toyota's. Rant over.

Two winters ago I drove around a Rubicon with both front shafts broken, sideway in the middle of the road... He was stuck on 35's, I was in my Tracker on 285's, and passed him in the ditch in two feet of snow. He was a super jeep bro, flat billed and muscle milk drinking douche'.

Then on our way down we stopped, he tried to throttle past us all in the ditch with his broken axle shafts. When the broken yoke pushed the ball joint out of the C and his front wheel and knuckle removed themselves we almost offered some help. The the bro-titude and hoochie baby mamma decided it was our fault, loudly. Funny that we hoped in out cars and drove off, no problems incurred at all.

Moral, I wouldn't own a Rubicon either. Just because you only have a little case of the herpes, you still have herpes.

Funny you mentioned the flat bill db thing. Went to monster trucks Friday. The truck that was "representing" our section had a giant flatbill guy on the side. I pointed out the doucheyness of it mere moments before he broke out for the night, 30 seconds into the show. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom