Show us your center console power outlet installs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Chris FJ80

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm getting ready to install power outlets in the rear of my center console.

My current plan is to install, from left to right, Blue Sea dual USB port, Toyota OEM 110V, Blue Sea 12VDC (cig lighter style) outlet.

But before I start cutting into my console plastic I wanted to see what others have done.

Search has shown me the following, ten installs but wanted to see if anyone else has some OEM-looking installs to share.

Thanks in advance

-----

Install pics I have found so far:

Schmutz FZJ80 build thread
Added an extra Outlet and USB to my Power inverter
Console Overhaul
Musthave 80 Build & Mod
USB charging ports... simple question
96 LX450 rear console mod
Canman's dual battery and inverter install
12V Outlet
Most In-depth Introductory Thread ever....
ROTW Houston FZJ80

Did I miss? I know you have the four great threads on dual battery, inverter, outlets in the front part of the center console, but did not find any on the rear of the center console... give us some links that I missed!:)

Oh JUST the rear? Got it. I just added dual USB to my rear cup holder. I'll take pics in the morning. No write up, sorry.

Oh JUST the rear? Got it. I just added dual USB to my rear cup holder. I'll take pics in the morning. No write up, sorry.
No wonder you keep spilling your venti lattes

Nice. Thanks for sharing

This is what I did with just one outlet that I used to charge my phone and connect it to my headunit. I suppose you could get more in that place up and down, but I just had a bed of coins and carpet that I set my phone on.

image.jpeg

Great idea. Thanks for posting!

I added USBs and 12V power ports to the front console and 12V power ports and a 400W 110AC inverter to the rear of the console.

The inverter is where the CD changer on the LX used to be and the auxiliary fuse panel that feeds everything is mounted where the original subwoofer was located in front of the center console. The old speaker grill is easily removed to access the fuse block.

Console 1.jpg
Console 2.jpg
Console 3.jpg

Cool install!

The cupholders are from a mud vendor. Don't recall which one. I drilled mine out to accommodate a missing screw. I added the poly foam to keep the noise down. I then added the Blue Sea USB charge ports and wired it using my own Wits' End QuickDisconnect Metri-packs.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks. Nice concept!

Now I am thinking about cupholders too. This is getting more complicated...[emoji3]

"I moved to Florida, flat so I didn't need hand brake, tossed it cos its so flat here, ordered the large size Tuffy console, then modded it to my needs", come on peeps, thats what I'm expecting to read here !!:bounce::bounce::bang::banana:

"I moved to Florida, flat so I didn't need hand brake, tossed it cos its so flat here, ordered the large size Tuffy console, then modded it to my needs", come on peeps, thats what I'm expecting to read here !!:bounce::bounce::bang::banana:

Hey I don't drift so what the hell do I need an e-brake for?

Like you I had to make my console fit my needs. Here's mine. Added led's in the power outlets, led in the console, additional fuses behind the changer door, and the invertor in mounted where the changer was. 4ga power wire coming from my secondary battery. All wiring is on plugs so I can quickly remove the console for service.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Like you I had to make my console fit my needs. Here's mine. Added led's in the power outlets, led in the console, additional fuses behind the changer door, and the invertor in mounted where the changer was. 4ga power wire coming from my secondary battery. All wiring is on plugs so I can quickly remove the console for service.
View attachment 1147324 View attachment 1147325 View attachment 1147328 View attachment 1147329

I had seen this before and the light coming out of the 12V sockets caught my eye. So you added LEDs inside the sockets? Could you share a close up pic of where exactly you installed the LEDs?

Put an old one in. Nothing special, was supposed to be temporary but has stuck now for a while. Trimmed it out with some plastic my wife uses for her badge business.

IMG_20140615_124346740.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom