Console Overhaul (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I picked up 97 LX450 a few months ago. Since then, I've spent numerous hours here on IH8MUD getting ideas for different future projects. One of the things I've noticed since driving it is, the console could use some much needed upgrades to better fit my needs. Lighting, Power Outlets, 115v Plugs
, USB... Heres what I did so hopefully it can give others ideas here on mud like previous post have done for me.

I have a back ground in electronics so I had the necessary wiring, connectors, misc plugs.

-List of parts-
2 12v marine power outlets
115v oem Switch from a Pontiac Vibe
115v Plug from a 2013 Jeep Rubicon
Assorted 12v LED Lights
400w Power inverter
4ga to 3 4ga/8ga distribution block

IMG_0518.jpg

Jeep Rubicon Plug & Switch from a Vibe
IMG_0533.jpg
Since i didn't have the factory plug I Soldered the end of an old power cord. This let me plug it into the power inverter.
IMG_0534.jpg
IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

I changed the radio and bypassed the amp, so I decided to use the location of the non working CD changer and subwoofer to mount the inverter.
IMG_0618.jpg

I gutted the cd changer to mount the inverter and avoid having a big hole in the back of the console. I also added access to aux fuses for future projects.
IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

Nice work.

Thanks guys. I had some better pictures but photo stream didn't want to cooperate. I have front leather ordered , so I also went ahead and added switches and pre-wired for seat heaters. LEDs are tied into the dash lights and mounted in the Console, and cubby hole in front of the shifter. I noticed and ongoing theme of me not being able to find anything at night.

View from the bottom of the console and top view of the aux fuses. Shows how the wires were routed. All wiring has some sort of plug or connector so the console can be pulled for serviceability of the inverter, adding to the aux fuses and anything else I wanna hide under there.
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom