Short Bus Slee customizing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2fpower

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone ever customize a short bus bumper? I know it is about perfect the way that God made it; however, wondering what people have done to it.

Picked a used one up and thinking about frenching in some round small LED fogs. i would add more structure too.
Untitled.png

@LandCruiserPhil you got a close up of the mount for the plate? I don't care for seeing the winch so much, so that looks like a good fix.

@LandCruiserPhil you got a close up of the mount for the plate? I don't care for seeing the winch so much, so that looks like a good fix.

3M VHB tape :hillbilly: holding strength 100lbs/sq.in. rated to 300°

Vision X makes some very nice 3" HID that will fit where you are marked

IMG_8747[1].JPG

I've drilled in the same spots your thinking of putting lights. Battery charger on one side and block heater on the other keeping it symmetrical.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1423443234.911055.jpg

I've drilled in the same spots your thinking of putting lights. Battery charger on one side and block heater on the other keeping it symmetrical. View attachment 1435169

:cool:
Been contemplating where to install my NOCO shore power outlet:idea:

Where is your charger mounted and is it WP?

:cool:
Been contemplating where to install my NOCO shore power outlet:idea:

Where is your charger mounted and is it WP?
It's a NOCO genius ghetto mounted next to my left side battery.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1423443171.389092.jpg

What is this NOCO shore power? And do I need one?!?!
Keeps your batteries charged. Good for when I have the fridge on in the garage away from the sun.

Keeps your batteries charged. Good for when I have the fridge on in the garage away from the sun.

Ok. Doesn't sound like I need it then. I DD mine and it never sits for more than a day.

We kinda derailed the thread for a bit. Back on topic. I wonder if ARB has an insert from one of their bumper lines that would work? Seems all their newer model bumpers have build in fogs.

Bump on this thread...looking for anyone who has ADDED front tubes to a Short Bus to gain more a) protection higher up, b) ability to mount added lights, and/or c) better corner/marker protection.

I am trying to figure out the look/lines I want to not fight against the Slee tube angles. Just wish it were made of the same diam tubing instead of the little stuff for outer hoops.

Plan is to cut and angle out each corner of the bumper to provide a flat surface outside of the marker lights on which to weld upper tubing (i.e., hood level hoops).

Does your Noco ever get to the green status when you are just hooked to shore power and your fridge is off? I just purchased brand new batteries and even after a full day on the Noco its still charging showing a red light.

Does your Noco ever get to the green status when you are just hooked to shore power and your fridge is off? I just purchased brand new batteries and even after a full day on the Noco its still charging showing a red light.

What sort of batteries?
I have an optima AGM, and a smart charger. My charger has never shown higher than 80% charged. I don't know if it's the charger, or battery. Damn charger is too smart for it's own good

Mine go to green no problem but don't know exactly how long it takes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom