shocks for back hatch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, new to forum. My shocks on my 71 fj are shot. I would like to replace them with hydraulic shocks like most cars have. I have no idea what to get, length or weight. Anyone replace theirs with these type? If so, if I could get a model number or specifics, it would be greatly appreciated. Did a search and came up with nothing.

Thanks,
Jason

My old housing was rusted so bad, it snapped one of the shocks. I have no idea where half of it is. I like the idea. I read about that.

Hi Brian. I was thinking about doing this but have no idea how to go about it. Any tips?
Fuentesfranko, it was quite easy and worked great. Just order the same parts I did. If you want to use your old shock assembly, I can't help you there. I will post a picture to show how mine turned out.

Fuentesfranko, it was quite easy and worked great. Just order the same parts I did. If you want to use your old shock assembly, I can't help you there. I will post a picture to show how mine turned out.
Do you mind sharing the parts you used? I'm a bit confused on the exact parts and if a bracket is needed. If you have photos of the process it would be awesome! Thank you!

Do you mind sharing the parts you used? I'm a bit confused on the exact parts and if a bracket is needed. If you have photos of the process it would be awesome! Thank you!
Sorry, I for the delay. I was out of town for a while. I will take a picture and post it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom