Sept 27-29 Windrock (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

im booking the fj40 auto transport from Fl to ky Thursday (tomarrow) so if there is any change in plans let me know asap. are the trails open?
Have no fear, the trip will happen and there will be plenty of trails. If you and your truck make it there, you'll be wheelin somewhere.

So just to be clear I need to book a campsite?

So just to be clear I need to book a campsite?

I reserved 3 campsites in the overflow area about 100-150 yards behind the bath house where there is some shade. I'd think we could put 2 rigs on each site which would (theoretically) split the cost of each to $8 per night per persons.

Unfortunately our crowd is not very good at committing to a ride weeks in advance so I'm simply "guestimating" (yes- an new word for you folks) the # of campsites needed for our estimated crowd. As of right now the only ones i know FOR SURE that are camping are me and John, Sid and Adam are staying on a cabin which leaves several unknowns.

So, without knowing the exact #s that are camping I'm guessing this is enough for all of us but I can't believe getting more sites will be a problem when we get there.

Last edited:
Well my odds on attending just went up dramatically since I found a new tow rig. Although the new rig is not yet in my possession and needs some minor work, the Gecko still needs the front end put back together, the Taco still needs the engine bay reassembled from tracking some Gremlins and I have yet to see about getting a day off work. One day at a time - I should get there.

IH8MUD on Android

Pic of tow rig or it didn't happen.

Was going to but I wasn't sure this was the right place to post it. But ask and you shall receive. (My app is finicky about attachments, so it might not show up for a few tries)

IH8MUD on Android

ForumRunner_20130831_094829.jpg

is that one of those bumpers from OZ? im camping too. i called and spoke to connie at windrock and told her to save a spot/ make room for another in the toyota Landcruiser group area. super nice people there.

Was going to but I wasn't sure this was the right place to post it. But ask and you shall receive. (My app is finicky about attachments, so it might not show up for a few tries)

IH8MUD on Android

Looks like a nice rig. Glad you found one. Is it one of the two that you mentioned at OTMT?

is that one of those bumpers from OZ?
If you're referring to the bull bar on the semi, I don't know much about them but the brand is AliArc and it's 100% aluminum.

i called and spoke to connie at windrock... ~ ...super nice people there.
As long as you stay on their good side. A couple of us have witnessed "the other side". haha

Looks like a nice rig. Glad you found one. Is it one of the two that you mentioned at OTMT?
The rig is decent; It has a good bit of minor repairs needed, but it is fully useable as-is, and that's what's important right now. And yes, this is one of those two.

Big props to 'Jason in TN' for his help. Not only did he go by to inspect the one in Kansas City for me, but as we talked about that one, he remembered his friends that had this one for sale in FL. So either rig I got, I have him and Regina to thank for it in some way. :cheers:

Adam and I thought you would get a cab over style.
Why'd you think that? I looked in to them for like 5 minutes but could not figure out any advantages so stopped including them in my searches.

IH8MUD on Android

congrats Steve, hitch that sucker behind the Taco and drag it back to Memphis. :flipoff2: Guess you got to get that sucka burning oil now don't ya, pump diesel aint cheap. :bang:

congrats Steve, hitch that sucker behind the Taco and drag it back to Memphis. :flipoff2: Guess you got to get that sucka burning oil now don't ya, pump diesel aint cheap. :bang:
Ha! Maybe if the Taco was running well enough to go more than 20 miles.... :[
And yes, the first few trips are gonna be costly since I'll have to slowly introduce the WMO into the "virgin" system.

I did not see what happened to the old rig. :confused: I recall you had some fuel system issues.
Will never know for sure what happened, but it would appear the fuel issues eventually turned into worn rings somehow. Its possible the two issues are unrelated, but unlikely. Still runs, just won't pull anything.

IH8MUD on Android

So...... about Walden's Ridge.......

IH8MUD on Android

ummhh... Yes :steer: gonna have to work out the logistics.

How many rigs do you think we'd have going? Four non-streetable rigs can go on my trailer to the gas station but I can only legally carry one passenger in the tow rig (one extra seat & seatbelt).

Ted, I'd say yours is likely one of the more streetable rigs still so might be last in line for a trailer spot? And, since he wants shotgun somewhere anyway, and that would presumably add Erin somewhere too, maybe Matt can ferry the extra drivers in the 80? If not, any quad-cab tow rig that's easiest to move. Hmmm... Ted could trailer AND ferry the extras maybe?

Just tossing out ideas. Oh, and what day? I'd vote the earlier the better, however I cannot yet guarantee I'll be there to wheel Friday.

IH8MUD on Android

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom