Sept 27-29 Windrock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeddyBoy

Knighted by the King of MUD himself
Threads
Website
www.novatelco.com
We're going to Windrock for Fri-Sunday Sept 27-29, mark you calendars now.

Windrock offers 72000 Acres of all kinds of trails. You will need to be prepared for being on the trail all day so do your prep work now, this means fiood, tow points, straps, tools, spare parts etc...

Windrock does charge $17/day/person Park fee with multi-day discounts and annual passes available.

Details found on their website:http://windrockpark.com/

Dates: Sept 27-29 (Fri-Sun)
Food: BYOF, There are several restaurants within short driving distances.
Accommodations: Camping mostly as it'll be nice by then, $16/night for 2 people. I have reserved 3 spots in the over-flow area where there is shade located behind the bathhouse about +/-100 yards. More sites are available at request, simply call Windrock and reference the Ga Cruisers. Cabins are available if desired for $117/night (i believe) and you'll need to make your own reservations.

Camping location here (Roughly):
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=wind...n=7.143005,15.446777&t=h&hq=windrock+ohv&z=18

I am planning to be there early Friday morning depending upon attendees. Usually I try to plan for a ful days wheeling on Friday and another on Saturday then bug out Sunday morning. without knowing who is coming exactly and their schedules I won't commit to an exact meeting time or place for departure Friday morning.

For those coming up Friday afternoon/evening you're on your own to figure it out caravan(s) and times.

Last edited:
what level of trail is windrock? 1978 fj40 with 33in bfg, 2.5 OME lift, other wise stock. is enough to do the trail?

what level of trail is windrock? 1978 fj40 with 33in bfg, 2.5 OME lift, other wise stock. is enough to do the trail?

you're well suited for Winrock and should be just fine. Windrock offers hundreds of miles of trail mostly mild with a a peppering of more difficult trails mixed in. It's looking like a good group of similar trucks will be there so you should fit right in.

Im going for sure!

Youll be fine. It is a HUGE place... Like insanely giant, so GET A MAP!!!!! Most of the trucks going are similarly built like yours so youll definitely have a group to wheel with. The scenery is excellent, the trails can be challenging if you want that or just gravel roads (still pretty fun just to explore) if you want something a little more mild.
Really great place for everyone.

you're well suited for Winrock and should be just fine. Windrock offers hundreds of miles of trail mostly mild with a a peppering of more difficult trails mixed in. It's looking like a good group of similar trucks will be there so you should fit right in.

beat me to it

i checked it out on the internet... is it the place 25mi. from Knoxville Tn.? what time fri are you all meeting there.? and what time sunday departure?

i checked it out on the internet... is it the place 25mi. from Knoxville Tn.? what time fri are you all meeting there.? and what time sunday departure?

That's the place. More details to follow, keep an eye on this thread. Tentatively it looks like 2 arrival groups:

- an early Friday arrival to get a full day of wheeling in.
- a late afternoon arrival for folks with a later departure from Atlanta

i found a flight ariving fri @9:30am from Orlando FL to knox Tnn. $38 !! and flt out mond am for $58 im in for trip!!!! the coin i saved on flight can toward shipping the fj40 up there. now i just need to find someone in Knoxville willing to let me ship my rig to and from their place.

i found a flight ariving fri @9:30am from Orlando FL to knox Tnn. $38 !! and flt out mond am for $58 im in for trip!!!! the coin i saved on flight can toward shipping the fj40 up there. now i just need to find someone in Knoxville willing to let me ship my rig to and from their place.

Wow! thats some cheap flights! How much will it cost to ship your 40? RSHARPfzj80 (Rance) lives in Knoxville and might let ya ship your 40 there (he might try and keep it though :grinpimp:). He typically lurks around the GA Cruiser page and is always on the STLCA page if ya want to contact him.

Yeah, Rance will eventually chime in here I'm sure.

Too far out for me to say I can make it yet. Certainly on the "want" list though!

Yeah, I am sure Rance can help you out. If he doesn't chime in, check out the TN-Appalachian cruisers clubhouse, I think he moderates in there so a post in the chat section will probably get you a quick response.

My whole family is going to be coming to this one for sure. The weather will be nice and mild around then. Looking forward to it. Maybe I'll have my HAM license by then!

Exact details still in the works but I usually hook up with a few folks north of Cartersville about 6:30 AM which puts us at Windrock around 9:30 or so (8:30 CST)

The "later group" will probably end up being a trickle of people filtering in over time Friday afternoon or evening.

Too far out for me to say I can make it yet. Certainly on the "want" list though!

c'mon Steve I'll need someone to break my junk with. :flipoff2: Last I heard Sidney and Adam were in.

c'mon Steve I'll need someone to break my junk with. :flipoff2:
Well you know as well as I do that I'll do everything I can to get there. I'll ride the motorcycle over but the weather would have to be near perfect (same problem I have with the UC GMP trip). Although if the weather is good enough for that, I'd be pretty upset not having a rig there. :doh:

Not to worry too much though, the prospect of a new tow rig is good as of a few hours ago. I have my eye on two... but they are both exactly 480 miles from my house - in opposite directions! :hmm: Where is a good place to post up a Q&A for pros & cons of my two choices?

FLT booked. working on auto transport details. whats everyone doing for: 1)food, 2)fuel access, 3)sleep 4)bathing, order of priority..... bring fuel can? tent or hotel?

4xsteve said:
Yeah, Rance will eventually chime in here I'm sure.

I'm here!! Wouldn't care at all to help out. im only 4-5 miles from i-75.

Last edited:
FLT booked. working on auto transport details. whats everyone doing for: 1)food, 2)fuel access, 3)sleep 4)bathing, order of priority..... bring fuel can? tent or hotel?

Cool! :cheers:

Food: bring your own shiite :flipoff2:
Fuel: Town is close but a jerry can is recommended
Sleep: Camping unless you rent a cabin, they're $117 a night but sleeps 4
Bathing: They have bath houses that are more than adequate for campers.

Obviously we'll try to stay as a group in the camp ground and share a campfire as much as possible. For everything else, just be prepared to be self sufficient

Is it too late to start telling everyone to DO SOME MAINTENANCE ON YOUR RIGS NOW and GET A DAMNED BATTERY MOUNT!!!!!!! :doh: Call it a lesson learned by others

Is it too late to start telling everyone to DO SOME MAINTENANCE ON YOUR RIGS NOW and GET A DAMNED BATTERY MOUNT!!!!!!! :doh: Call it a lesson learned by others

Man I can't believe you don't want to try and repeat the epic trail 16 run? And make sure everyone knows when to "Turn on their lockers" :idea:

Since I recently realized that I actually have a whole month and not just a week between this and STLCA annual meeting, I am thinking I may try to make this if it is still ok to tag along with you GA boys. Who knows we may have a propane fired zuk to break in by then. :steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom