Sept 27-29 Windrock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am definitely kicking myself for not being able to go on this trip...:bang::bang::bang:

I am definitely kicking myself for not being able to go on this trip...:bang::bang::bang:

you did miss a good one for sure but I know how it is, I felt bad for you. Did you receive my text msg 12:30 Thursday night? :flipoff2:

It's funny though, with all the talk about Walden's Ridge and the cool pics from the 3 hr ride on Sunday we're leaving out a lot of other stuff.

The winchfest on Atomic Ridge Friday night sucked. You had to walk 500 ft to make it up a 300 ft hill, many times!!
My accidentally putting 9 qts. of oil in my rig Friday morning sucked. Talk about a smoke screen, woohoo!
How about John's headlights going out on th way back from Atomic Ridge about 1:00 AM and the boody trail repair.
The very beginning of Walden's Ridge bent John's tie Rod, this sucked. :D but Steve had a great idea with the winch cable.
Adam having issues sucked more for him than anyone. :confused:
How about the dinner Saturday night, now that was awesome!! Good idea Steve :clap:
Waking up Henry at 1:30 from his drunken stupor was great :eek:
My damned near flop :eek: coming down the end of Walden's Ridge right in front of an audience of 4wheelers. That was close!!
fattires diesel 40 - very nice

The weather--stupendous!!!!

Last edited:
You Wagon No Show Guys SUCK!!!;p
Hey Dogface (Ted told me to say that) - I have a doctor's note! You know, one of those doctor notes with a dollar amount at the bottom, an amount that is a transfer of my rig projects fund to his kids' college fund? :censor::bang:

Yeh I'm the guy with the yellow hat in the passengers seat during your truck wheelie Ted. I was like why am i so close to the ground? When I come back to windrock in late spring I'm staying longer.. Is it too early to plan a trip in late May/ June 2014 ?

gsmtr will be at windrock in may.

whats the date in may? and is it wife and child friendly or not so much?

Last edited:

It's very much a family event. They even have a kids raffle and stuff on Saturday night. I think it has already been confirmed for next year for the 12th-17th of May but I couldn't find that anywhere on here. They usually post up the info around January for registration, event info, etc. Highly recommended, one of my favorite events all year. :cheers:

Sam is likely correct but I couldn't find it anywhere either - yet all the cabins have been reserved for GSMTR '14 already :confused:

You can count on the second or third weekend in May pretty confidently though.

Just looked at may calendar and I have a cabin reserved for May 15-18 so it will run that entire week. There are usually numerous kids and a handful of wives that show up.

Sam is likely correct but I couldn't find it anywhere either - yet all the cabins have been reserved for GSMTR '14 already :confused:

You can count on the second or third weekend in May pretty confidently though.

All the big cabins were booked last year before we left. I called the following Monday and they didn't have any. I reserved a small one so I didn't have to sleep with the ticks and skeeters. :grinpimp:

Sent from another Galaxy

Here ya go Ted, another one for you. Beautifully done.

hey Ted i'm still finding stink bugs in my rig from windrock. i think i accidentally brought a species of new pests to FL that will likely spread like wild fire.

Here ya go Ted, another one for you. Beautifully done.

Thanks Steve, kinda hate to say it but made that look easy. :steer::steer: Think you still have the one from 15, don't know if that's worth seeing or not.

hey Ted i'm still finding stink bugs in my rig from windrock. i think i accidentally brought a species of new pests to FL that will likely spread like wild fire.

That's funny, me too. There were about 15-20 in the tool box of my dodge hiding under a bunch of stuff the other day. Thos damned things were EVERYWHERE. :bang:

Don't worry, just call it even: My blue semi was from Florida and I brought back some of y'alls monster roaches to TN. But yeah, I'm still seeing those damn things on a daily basis too.

Thanks Steve, kinda hate to say it but made that look easy. :steer::steer: Think you still have the one from 15, don't know if that's worth seeing or not.
You did make that look easy Ted. For the record, and for your book o' braggin rights, I think I'm only batting .500 on that obstacle. Of course that day was probably one of only 3 times I've ever been on it when dry. Sadly for me, since I didn't make it this time, I think I made it the last two dry times.

And yes everyone, Ted walked it and I tried for at least 5 minutes and was denied. Chalk one up for the Tedster. :clap:

I do have the one of you going up all the way through the V-notch, and it's pretty good; I'll get it up next probably. I just now finished loading up the "good one" of me going across "the spot" on WR. I think the GoPro footage is about as accurate a video portrayal as is possible. The wide angle really makes the video feel a lot like the real thing. Let me know if you agree; should be linked up momentarily on here.

And finally, after much anticipation (cue crickets chirping), the GoPro video of crossing the scary spot on Walden's Ridge from atop the Gecko. If you have vertigo or are afraid of heights, please put on a seatbelt before watching. :p

Whew!! :eek::eek:

If'n I hadn't already done the trail I'd say "Hell No" after watching that. Kinda shows why slow is GUD for this trail, also gives a good idea of the lack of anything on both sides at the beginning. Don't know about you but I honestly don't remember paying a lot of attention to the sides while driving it because I was so focused on you, the spotter. What happened to the end?

Whew!! :eek::eek:

If'n I hadn't already done the trail I'd say "Hell No" after watching that.
Okay, good; So it isn't just me that thinks this video does a good job showing the scope of things.

Kinda shows why slow is GUD for this trail~
Yes, like you said earlier Ted, this trail without crawler gears would be a lot more tense and, frankly, a lot more dangerous.

Don't know about you but I honestly don't remember paying a lot of attention to the sides while driving it because I was so focused on you, the spotter.
Never realized that but yes, you're correct. I don't recall seeing anything but your mug for 90% of that crossing. That's what ya call trust and faith!

What happened to the end?
I stopped there for y'all to work out issues with my camera, to converse with you - my spotter, and the drop at the end is on a different video anyway. I'd splice them together, but either my editor doesn't do it, or I just don't know how. :whoops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom