Sept 27-29 Windrock (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did Sid and Adam not do Walden's Ridge?

well that gets into a few different stories but one thing just kinda lead to another.

The Friday morning plan was to have 5 rigs hit Atomic Ridge but I had truck issues at the main parking lot so I ended up going back to camp and rode with Steve all day. By the time we got reorganized it was about 12:30 but now we were down to 4 rigs.

Then, on the way to Atomic ridge Adam had engine issues which eventually forced him to turn back a short distance into the trail and Sidney (thankfully) followed him back to camp. They didn't make it back until around 7:30 I'm guessing and Adam had to park his Jeep and all weekend and rode with Sidney.

By 4:30 Fri afternoon we were down to 2 rigs on Atomic Ridge, me and Steve in the Ghecko and John in his truck, long story short we eventually rolled back into camp around 1:30 AM bone arse tired.

With Friday being almost a complete loss for Sidney, Adam and Henry and since the entire wagon crowd was a no-show they chose to ride with Danny and Dominick so they could see some of the park without leaving those 2 guys on their own. I mean I know sh*t happens but this sucked for those guys.

I ended up fixing my junk Saturday morning but that still left only me, Steve and John to hit Walden's Ridge.

Last edited:
You Wagon No Show Guys SUCK!!!;p But we salvaged the weekend ,and made dam sure those Fla. boys had a great time!:grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp: I think I wants me one of those 1HZ Toyota Diesels. Smooth running Rig, Not so shiny anymore!!!:whoops: Weather was the Best ever, slept like a baby.

Has Super40 ever noticed your Avatar Henry??? I'm guessing not or he might not have let you spot for him! haha ;)

there are a ton of other pics out there somewheres especially from Sunday morning. bring em on!!

for atom :flipoff2:

no winch cable here.jpg

no winch cable here.jpg

Henry,

It sucked for me too.I really wanted and needed to go and work happens....
As for the wagon guys, I am sure I speak for all of them, we would love to go, just need to plan another weekend.
That being said, I will throw it out there to see if there is interest for Oct or Nov run back to Windrock....
Obviously, this does not take the place of the annual, but in addition to it. I know Nov is an open month....

You Wagon No Show Guys SUCK!!!;p But we salvaged the weekend ,and made dam sure those Fla. boys had a great time!:grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp: I think I wants me one of those 1HZ Toyota Diesels. Smooth running Rig, Not so shiny anymore!!!:whoops: Weather was the Best ever, slept like a baby.

Oh yeah, get this.....

So once it got dark on my way home, at some point I tried the brights for something and....nada, no-go, zip. So I'm guessing it's just another little issue with the truck from sitting for so long and just carry on driving. Well then I start noticing a couple of other things all of a sudden aren't working anymore either. The blower is inop and the cabin lights won't come on. At this point I'm pretty aggravated about all these little electrical issues I think I'm about to have to chase down - not yet mentioned is that it is now drizzling and I already knew my wipers were inop. So in a last-ditch-effort before I hit the pitch-black curvy backroads from I-40 over to my house with little light AND no wipers, I pull in to a truck stop that's at my exit in hopes I can find the issue (or at least one of them). Well I think I did: SOMEONE STOLE THE HIGH BEAM BULBS! WTF!?!? Who does that kinda $h!t? So I assume, at some point while I was flipping the switch for the brights, the loose wires shorted out and popped something. Of course I can never prove or verify it, but a big F-you goes out to the group of UTVs at the cabins next to me. Just another "strike" for a group that is quickly falling into the same ranks as the vast majority of inconsiderate ATVers. :censor: They had been gaining some ground in my eyes as of late, but right back down they went. :doh:

Sorry for the rant, but I was pretty pissed as all this crap added up.

Oh yeah, get this.....

So once it got dark on my way home, at some point I tried the brights for something and....nada, no-go, zip. So I'm guessing it's just another little issue with the truck from sitting for so long and just carry on driving. Well then I start noticing a couple of other things all of a sudden aren't working anymore either. The blower is inop and the cabin lights won't come on. At this point I'm pretty aggravated about all these little electrical issues I think I'm about to have to chase down - not yet mentioned is that it is now drizzling and I already knew my wipers were inop. So in a last-ditch-effort before I hit the pitch-black curvy backroads from I-40 over to my house with little light AND no wipers, I pull in to a truck stop that's at my exit in hopes I can find the issue (or at least one of them). Well I think I did: SOMEONE STOLE THE HIGH BEAM BULBS! WTF!?!? Who does that kinda $h!t? So I assume, at some point while I was flipping the switch for the brights, the loose wires shorted out and popped something. Of course I can never prove or verify it, but a big F-you goes out to the group of UTVs at the cabins next to me. Just another "strike" for a group that is quickly falling into the same ranks as the vast majority of inconsiderate ATVers. :censor: They had been gaining some ground in my eyes as of late, but right back down they went. :doh:

Sorry for the rant, but I was pretty pissed as all this crap added up.

what a load of shiite! there were so many 4-wheelers and ATVs running around it was crazy.

Adam took some great shots, he sent them to me a little while ago. Thanks again Adam!!

https://tedkinseywheelingtrips.shutterfly.com/2459

1000003309.JPG

1000003320.JPG

1000003372.JPG

1000003389.JPG

1000003420.JPG

1000003309.JPG

1000003320.JPG

1000003372.JPG

1000003389.JPG

1000003420.JPG

there are a ton of other pics out there somewheres especially from Sunday morning. bring em on!!
Yeah yeah yeah, I know who you're talkin to... Here ya go Ted. I got one GoPro video shortened and uploaded for ya.

Last edited:
does that count as 1 wheeling? I think Dominick is still pulling the seat out of his shorts

does that count as 1 wheeling? I think Dominick is still pulling the seat out of his shorts
:hmm: Good point; I guess it could be construed that way since the only tire with any contact patch touching was the one. NICE! :clap:

Sha.. You did mash the top of the door opening against a boulder on the passengers side while I was in it! I'm wearing a helmet next time I ride shotgun with Ted or Steve. Sorry to hear about your high beams Steve. As for Henry's avatar.. I did not see that until now... Eh still best co-pilot I could have had. great guy that henry. other than some pin stripeing on my pritty paint I made it out unscaved.

Sha.. You did mash the top of the door opening against a boulder on the passengers side while I was in it! I'm wearing a helmet next time I ride shotgun with Ted or Steve. Sorry to hear about your high beams Steve. As for Henry's avatar.. I did not see that until now... Eh still best co-pilot I could have had. great guy that henry. other than some pin stripeing on my pritty paint I made it out unscaved.

Every time I go I say I'm going to take a helmet and I always forget.

Sent from another Galaxy

I'm wearing a helmet next time I ride shotgun with Ted or Steve.
Nah, you only need a helmet in Ted's truck: His cage is inside and totally in the way everything - especially people's heads; He doesn't have doors at all - at least I have a little protection there; And a minor detail that he probably doesn't even realize or ever even think about, but my truck is a lot slower than his so you wouldn't be going mach 5 over all those obstacles. :flipoff2:

By the way, the guy selling the crawler like John's always carried a helmet; I bet you could get it thrown in the deal with the truck! :idea:

Last edited:
here is a few from Sunday morning.

IMG_20130929_105054_261_zpsa3ad8578.jpg

IMG_20130929_105327_425_zps54b3a7a4.jpg

IMG_20130929_105927_110_zps9b4647f6.jpg

IMG_20130929_111035_039_zps944a0f4d.jpg

IMG_20130929_111931_654_zps274f9422.jpg

IMG_20130929_112206_138_zpsbb9cf6a3.jpg

Oh yeah, that last one is the money shot! And Ted barely looks nervous because his foot probably isn't shaking on top of the clutch.

Oh yeah, that last one is the money shot! And Ted barely looks nervous because his foot probably isn't shaking on top of the clutch.

wow that's a great pic, that one is going to be wallpapered. Thanks Danny.

I wasn't nervous at all, honestly didn't even phase me, instead the higher it got the more fun I was having. I wish I'd of looked over at Dom though, I warned him about the boulder that grazed the top of the door jam well ahead of time so he shouldn't have been surprised. :steer:

I agree Ted; I ALMOST layed mine on its side there simply because I knew I'd likely be able to just back up a few feet to bring it back over on my own. Didn't really feel like possibly dumping crap outta the truck like when I flopped it there at GSMTR though.

Who's ready to go back this weekend!!?

Last edited:
here's the seconds leading up to your money shot.

IMG_20130929_112138_072_zps2f5e2e2b.jpg

IMG_20130929_112156_323_zps08dcda05.jpg

IMG_20130929_112148_937_zpsd43b4afd.jpg

IMG_20130929_112154_077_zps1a2518c4.jpg

and :steer::steer::clap:

IMG_20130929_112206_138_zpsbb9cf6a3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom