Events/Trails Seattle area role call and planning thread (4 Viewers)

Let’s do a Tahuya trip. When can you go?

• Saturday July 24

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Saturday July 31

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday Aug 7

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I exersize mine because I used to exersize the lockers on my 80 and the change in engagement speed was noticable I really don't like having to be stopped and in neutral to engage LO on the 200. I played with the CDL today on and off in the snow and I felt the traction was better with it off. The 200 with the Michelin Lattutudes is better in the snow than the 80 was with BFG KO2, at least in todays conditions on Bainbridge.

Last edited:
Do you park your LX outside or inside a garage?

I engage the CDL by pushing the button after the truck is warmed up (the temperature gauze reaches normal temp) and while the truck is in motion on 4 Hi but less than 60mph(?)).
Outside. I’ve got really short garage doors.

Outside. I’ve got really short garage doors.

I wouldn't worry to much about it then. I believe it is temp related, with all this freezing temp and snow we've been having. Will likely go away when the weather warms up.

Seattle folks... with more snow storms coming tonight (Sun), Mon afternoon, and then Tues (snow, freezing ice, etc) are you guys/gals planning on staying home, or trecking it into the office Mon and Tues?

I'm staying home. I left Seattle at 1:30 friday and, no joke, didn't get to Renton until almost 5pm. I couldn't get on 405 south off of 90. Factoria and 150th were both jammed. Lakemont Blvd had an accident at the bottom, so I ended up going to Issaquah. My last ~7 miles took over 90 minutes.

Left work on Friday at around 1pm and took me almost 2 hours to get from Kent to University Place, I think everyone left at 1pm:) I'll be heading into the office tomorrow morning unfortunately... Wheelin at Tahuya would have be interesting this weekend:)

Be careful out there. We can get around pretty good in the snow, but there are a lot of idiots out there. I was rear-ended yesterday in Tacoma while stopped at a light (driving my Tundra). Their vehicle was messed up, but aside from some paint on my recovery hitch I can’t find any damage. As I got out to get their info they took off. The irony of being hit-and-run by a white Chevy Avalanche in the midst of a snow storm wasn’t lost on me.

Last edited:
Be careful out there. We can get around pretty good in the snow, but there are a lot of idiots out there. I was rear-ended yesterday in Tacoma while stopped at a light (driving my Tundra). There vehicle was messed up, but aside from some paint on my recovery hitch I can’t find any damage as I got out to get their info they took off. The irony of being hit-and-run by a white Chevy Avalanche in the midst of a snow storm wasn’t lost on me.
That sucks. I hate it when folks don't take responsibility. One part of our culture that is out of control.
I am seriously hoping work is called off tomorrow. I usually am a first arriver around 7a, tomorrow I think I'll watch email and if folks are bailing join in.

Be careful out there. We can get around pretty good in the snow, but there are a lot of idiots out there. I was rear-ended yesterday in Tacoma while stopped at a light (driving my Tundra). There vehicle was messed up, but aside from some paint on my recovery hitch I can’t find any damage as I got out to get their info they took off. The irony of being hit-and-run by a white Chevy Avalanche in the midst of a snow storm wasn’t lost on me.

Agreed, serious idiotic and aggressive drivers out there, even in this weather. Today I saw a guy in a Jeep Wrangler honk it up at a FWD sedan that was stuck on an incline. Seriously?!

I decided to cancel my patients for tomorrow Mon 2/11. Snowing pretty heavily in Bellevue now, 1-3" is expected tonight and 1-3" more tomorrow morning. Possible freezing rain tomorrow and Tues. The 200 is awesome in the snow, so I don't have any problems getting in. It's the idiots out there who are scary.

I work out of the house or I am traveling, this coming week will be the first week this year I will be home and not on the road for part of the week. My wife sells Real Estate on Bainbridge and has clients who want to see some homes. So if they don't cancel I will drive and can take the LX or Jeep GC that my was daughters before college.

coming down hard over here in University Place, work just cancelled for tomorrow...

Hope everyone stayed safe today. Tonight is looking very UGLY out there, big chunks of snow and snow/rain mix, and widespread power outages. I estimate Bellevue got easily over 12" snow the past few days.

Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow Tues 2/12/19.

I like snow events like these, they are rare around here in our mild climate. I suppose I look for the opportunities rather than the complications, even though the complications outweigh the oppurtunities!😁 Also, I may have a terrible case of frequency illusion but I swear I have seen more landcruisers on the road in the last week than I have in the last 3 months! I love it! There are 100 series rigs all over the south Puget sound all of the sudden. More shocking to me is all of the 200 series rigs I drool over popping up in Puyallup, Tacoma, and Fife! It's like a landcruiser car show!

I’m with you on the Frequency Illusion. Part of that bias may be, prior to owning my 200, I think I would pass by one thinking it was a highlander😳 Though I’ve always liked land Cruisers and wanted an 80 series since riding in them during the gulf war. Love the 60 series look too.

Last edited:
Left work on Friday at around 1pm and took me almost 2 hours to get from Kent to University Place, I think everyone left at 1pm:) I'll be heading into the office tomorrow morning unfortunately... Wheelin at Tahuya would have be interesting this weekend:)

I left work in Kirkland the second I saw it snowing. So did everyone else. :) Took me 1.5 hours to get from Kirkland to Ballard.

Looks like the snow is coming to an end here in the Seattle area, time to plan a flooded Tahuya trip!!!

Looks like the snow is coming to an end here in the Seattle area, time to plan a flooded Tahuya trip!!!
I just got a new alternator...not ready to buy another one so soon :p

I just got a new alternator...not ready to buy another one so soon :p
Is the 23rd still the date that works for most people?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom