Events/Trails Seattle area role call and planning thread (1 Viewer)

Let’s do a Tahuya trip. When can you go?

• Saturday July 24

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Saturday July 31

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday Aug 7

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Be patient or be willing to fly.

How set are you on a TLC? I bought my '08 570 w/94k miles for $28k, and there were 5 in WA to choose from. Nearest LC that I could even look at was in Boseman and was $7k more for 10k more miles.

I don't mind a fly/drive back but it makes me a little nervous about getting there and finding something wrong/not as advertised. Also a little bit more work private party selling the FJ vs trade it but that's not the biggest deal.

I did some online research on the 570, seems like they're a bit heavier, don't tow as much, use premium gas and have a bumper you can't easily mod. Not sure any of those are really a deal breaker and I haven't looked at/driven one like I have the LC.

I don't mind a fly/drive back but it makes me a little nervous about getting there and finding something wrong/not as advertised. Also a little bit more work private party selling the FJ vs trade it but that's not the biggest deal.

I did some online research on the 570, seems like they're a bit heavier, don't tow as much, use premium gas and have a bumper you can't easily mod. Not sure any of those are really a deal breaker and I haven't looked at/driven one like I have the LC.

Premium gas thing is hotly debated, but mostly non-issue. Bumpers bolt right up. Only difficult thing has been sliders. Right now Slee is the only game in town and they haven't made any in a while.

Happy to let you drive mine for perspective! I'm in Renton.

I have White Knuckles on mine I'm in Edmonds. That's all WK does is sliders, great work and pretty quick turnaround. Super strong.

Premium gas thing is hotly debated, but mostly non-issue. Bumpers bolt right up. Only difficult thing has been sliders. Right now Slee is the only game in town and they haven't made any in a while.

Thanks for the offer, might take you up on that!

The premium gas debate I'm familiar with from FJs. :D

When you say the bumpers bolt right up, you mean after you've cut away the bottom half? Aren't they one piece or am I nuts here? Although I should probably mention I never put a front bumper on my FJ and never had an issue. I typically run FS roads and mild offroad with optional harder lines like Mcclellan butte in north bend. The other thing I'm a little weirded out by is the hydraulic shocks. On one hand, flip a switch for an instant lift. OTOH that's the only lift you're getting without a LOT of work.

Thanks for the offer, might take you up on that!

The premium gas debate I'm familiar with from FJs. :D

When you say the bumpers bolt right up, you mean after you've cut away the bottom half? Aren't they one piece or am I nuts here? Although I should probably mention I never put a front bumper on my FJ and never had an issue. I typically run FS roads and mild offroad with optional harder lines like Mcclellan butte in north bend. The other thing I'm a little weirded out by is the hydraulic shocks. On one hand, flip a switch for an instant lift. OTOH that's the only lift you're getting without a LOT of work.

You’ll have to cut bottom for almost any bumper, even for TLC.

Here are a couple of armored 570s

ohnoitsbreaux’s truck

slee’s shop truck

Mawlr SEMA build

Hope that helps! I’ll PM you my number and you can come take a look if that’s of interest.

Last edited:

The rear bumper may have some fitment issues around the ahc pump and reservoir. Depends on the bumper and the intended attachment point

I did pretty much what you’re doing. Sold my 2012 white fjc with 118k miles and bought a land cruiser. Don’t be reluctant to sell your fj privately. It’ll sell fast! And it’s really straight forward.

Sup Folks,

Myself and a couple other members have been talking about a regular meet up. Thinking Tuesday will work to meet at the shop club. I am a member and can reserve a meeting room or the card table and we can use that. I will get the details and we can go from there. What time works for everyone? Maybe start at 6pm or 7pm? The reservations are for 2 hours then we can use the restaurant and bar or stat at the table, they don't get used a ton.

Open to other suggestions it's just we had already started the convo elsewhere and wanted to get others involved.

Cheers, Kyle

I have White Knuckles on mine I'm in Edmonds. That's all WK does is sliders, great work and pretty quick turnaround. Super strong.
Can you post pic.s? Do they protect the ACH gear? How visible is the ACH when they are on?

Booked but I can change.

Tuesday works for me, let me check with my better half and see if she is in. I've never been to this place. Looks interesting. Hope to have the LC back by then. Getting rear bumper fixed after very small "incident"

I'll be there

Family friendly or just over 21? Never been to this place, looks super cool!

I’m not a member but have eaten there a couple of times with my kiddos

My family won't bee there. I was thinking of an adult event. Depending on how many of us there are we might have to try to reserve the large front area.in the restaurant. I kinda wanna get a feel for how they deal with the reservations of the private rooms. This is my first space reservation.

Copy and paste names and add your name to a post as confirm you will be there and how many people.

Kyle 1
Kreiten

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom