Events/Trails Seattle area role call and planning thread (1 Viewer)

Let’s do a Tahuya trip. When can you go?

• Saturday July 24

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Saturday July 31

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday Aug 7

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll watch this thread and see if I can make it. I took my 80 to Tahuya a couple of times. The 200 still is all stock at this point.

I'll watch this thread and see if I can make it. I took my 80 to Tahuya a couple of times. The 200 still is all stock at this point.

Hope you can make it! We had 3 stock 200s last time. No problems.

I will be back from LA by the 23rd and would be up for a road trip north to join Seattle area Cruisers. I am also stock except LT285/70R17 KO2s.

I did some snow-roading today at 6a on the way up to Bothell for work. Up to six inches at the top of Canyon park, and enough sketchy that I went for 4lo and 2nd gear start on the hill up.
Lots of centre diff lock on the way up.
I was never concerned for my rig, but there were a lot of overdriving autos out there on I5 looking super sketchy. Many ditched cars, maybe 2 or 3 per mile.
By 10a roads were clear/plowed for my trip home, going to fast for centre diff lock.
Never did need high mode.

I did some snow-roading today at 6a on the way up to Bothell for work. Up to six inches at the top of Canyon park, and enough sketchy that I went for 4lo and 2nd gear start on the hill up.
Lots of centre diff lock on the way up.
I was never concerned for my rig, but there were a lot of overdriving autos out there on I5 looking super sketchy. Many ditched cars, maybe 2 or 3 per mile.
By 10a roads were clear/plowed for my trip home, going to fast for centre diff lock.
Never did need high mode.

Also did some snow driving today as well on the way to the office. Eastside got slammed with 6-8 inches of snow easily. My area has some pretty big hills, including one very steep drive up. I just left my LX in 4 Hi and drove off. Up and down snow and ice, my centre diff lock never lit up. When does one usually have to engage the diff lock?

Tomorrow's commute should be interesting. My kid's school got cancelled AGAIN, and I have to get back to the office to see patients. Eager to see how icy the roads will be and how the truck will do. There is a very steep decline I suspect it will be very icy I have to make (incline of course on the way back home); wonder if I should shift to 4 Lo during this decline....

took the old LX to work today, worked like a champ!

Just let me know what weekend you guys decide for Tahuya and I will see if I can make it work, would love to join ya all!

I use the centre diff lock whenever I can, so it doesn't stick when I really need it. I like it for snow a lot. It doesn't auto-activate, you have to push the button.
4 Low for steep descents is a good idea to stay off the brakes as much as possible. Could consider using crawl ctrl as well though if its a long hill that could get old quick.

I use the centre diff lock whenever I can, so it doesn't stick when I really need it. I like it for snow a lot. It doesn't auto-activate, you have to push the button.
4 Low for steep descents is a good idea to stay off the brakes as much as possible. Could consider using crawl ctrl as well though if its a long hill that could get old quick.

Agreed. I use (and recommend using) the CDL in any scenario where one may want more traction and wheel spin is possible (i.e. not on pavement). For me it’s always on while off-road.

Center diff lock essentially makes it a 4x4, so use it anywhere you'd use 4Hi (or 4Lo) on a part time 4WD vehicle.

Don't use it on pavement (wheels can't easily slip), but do use it off pavement. On snow covered, paved roads, leaving it off (ie. AWD mode) should give better traction.

Just let me know what weekend you guys decide for Tahuya and I will see if I can make it work, would love to join ya all!

Ken! I’m free Saturday morning if you want to get out. Doesn’t seem like it will work for most people though.

Ken! I’m free Saturday morning if you want to get out. Doesn’t seem like it will work for most people though.
let me check my schedule, would maybe be some snow out there? What's the best date to include some other peops and get a little convoy rolling?

Also, all you WA guys should come up to BC's Okanagan :)

If you guys would get DFO and the First Nations to quit ****ing up the steelhead runs I would be a few times every fall. Well at least as far as Spences Bridge.

Did some suburban snow wheeling this morning and got the usual stuck/blinking center diff. Never did get it to engage. I tried cycling 4-lo, starting/restarting, even pulling a batter cable. Anyone ever figure this issue out?

Did some suburban snow wheeling this morning and got the usual stuck/blinking center diff. Never did get it to engage. I tried cycling 4-lo, starting/restarting, even pulling a batter cable. Anyone ever figure this issue out?

Totally got hammered today with snow, 8-10"....

Did you get the blinking center diff when you started the LX? Happen to me once. when I left my LX outside in the cold for a few hours last winter and got this blinking/stuck center diff. Eventually it went away on its own.

After it went away, I "exercise" the center diff daily; been doing it about a year now, and this flashing light has not popped up since.

Totally got hammered today with snow, 8-10"....

Did you get the blinking center diff when you started the LX? Happen to me once. when I left my LX outside in the cold for a few hours last winter and got this blinking/stuck center diff. Eventually it went away on its own.

After it went away, I "exercise" the center diff daily; been doing it about a year now, and this flashing light has not popped up since.
Yea exactly. I tried to engage once I got near my house outside of Renton and it just blinked. I got gas and it went away after starting. Today I drove around to let the truck warm up, was able to get it into 4-lo and back to 4-hi a couple of times but the CDL just blinked and blinked. Always cleared itself after restarting.

Yea exactly. I tried to engage once I got near my house outside of Renton and it just blinked. I got gas and it went away after starting. Today I drove around to let the truck warm up, was able to get it into 4-lo and back to 4-hi a couple of times but the CDL just blinked and blinked. Always cleared itself after restarting.

Do you park your LX outside or inside a garage?

I engage the CDL by pushing the button after the truck is warmed up (the temperature gauze reaches normal temp) and while the truck is in motion on 4 Hi but less than 60mph(?)).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom