seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.auburn.edu
i want to replace my seat that are beat to hell and back what replacement are as close to stalk and water proof and are going to break my bank?

corbea 150 a piece

checker 100

junkyard 25

lots of options

I took a quick glance at my friend's '99 4runner to see about swapping seats. The mounting brackets didn't seem to be close to the same.

no gear for fabbing new brackets, etc.

Was it a straight bolt in from the '97 4runner? Celicas?

I don't think any would be a direct bolt in. Some would be easier than others but I believe all would require some adjustments from stock...

Unless you keep the top on all the time I think vinyl is the way to go. Modern vinyls are much improved over years ago. I have the stock seats in my 40.
X wife recovered before she left. She was very good at that!! 4 point harnesses and good to go...

Here is a pic of the mastercraft baja RS that I bought. The have a useful website and can create just about any configuration you want. I'm 6'3", 210lbs and the seats are very, very comfy. Thery are around $500 a piece. Spendy but worth it.

View attachment 124597

Last edited:
Corbeau seems like really good value for the money.

Why not renew the original seats? It'll preserve the value of your truck. New foam is available from Spector, and their vinyl covers fit very well and are as waterproof as anything...it duplicates the original upholstery. Won't cost more than around 350.00, and you'll have correct bracketry already in place.

Why not renew the original seats? It'll preserve the value of your truck. New foam is available from Spector, and their vinyl covers fit very well and are as waterproof as anything...it duplicates the original upholstery. Won't cost more than around 350.00, and you'll have correct bracketry already in place.

Specter sells their seat foams for $150/ea.

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat310d.tam?xax=17190

along with the seat cover kit for $230/kit:

http://www.sor.com/sor/cat310.tam?xax=24847

and any other hardware you need, my sliders rattle something fierce, time and effort, you are looking at $600+.

230 does both seats, and the foam is pricey at 150. There are other options for the foam of course. A simple pice of 1.5" high density foam cut to size will work wonders. Doubtful you'd need the foam for the passenger side, unless your truck has been outside forever. Just an opinion...I've run just about every kind of seat there is, it's hard to beat the stockers for fit, and I find them quite comfortable when rebuilt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom