Seat Jackers for 200 Series Now Available for Preorder! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hmmm.... first thing I do when I get in a car with adjustable seat bottom is jack the front all the way up and the rear all the way down. Seems like this would be up my alley :cool:

Might experiment with a block of wood before ordering.
just order a set you won't be disappointed

Do these prevent the rear seat mount from sitting flush?
The angle change is minor, and the carpet over the seat mounting acts as a sort of shim and allows some play in the angle.

The angle change is minor, and the carpet over the seat mounting acts as a sort of shim and allows some play in the angle.
Minor but the contact patch is important to reduce/prevent sheer loading of the bolt in the event of an impact. Changing the contact area and subsequent friction between the seat and floor may not play out so well in a bad situation.

Minor but the contact patch is important to reduce/prevent sheer loading of the bolt in the event of an impact. Changing the contact area and subsequent friction between the seat and floor may not play out so well in a bad situation.
The part of the seat that bolts up is not perfectly flat but stamped in a hemispherical shape. The contact patch shouldn’t be affected.

I tried them for about a week and approx 250 miles. I can definitely see the benefit but i just couldn’t get used to them. If someone wants a used set I have them listed in the classified section

Update:
I've put approx 2.5k miles on since installing these. In the last month, one trip to Phoenix/Scottsdale then home, back to Phoenix with a round trip through Kingman to Vegas, back home. Overall I noticed less fidgeting trying to find a comfortable position for my left leg or lower back adjustments in between fuel stops.

I agree with everyone about the stock comfort and adjustability of the LC drivers seat, but "for me" seemed to help my overall leg fatigue and back discomfort. Even if it was 20% help, it's a plus for me, I love driving the LC and look forward to the next road trip.

I am a bit torn on mine right now--I'm sitting at about 2.5K miles on mine too and did a big trip on them recently. TBH one of the most noticeable things for me too was the more elevated seating position which I have enjoyed (though I believe could be accomplished if I didn't have the seat lowered all the way). On the first day doing 600ish miles on them I did still feel a bit of lower back pain, but I'm not sure if my body was getting used to the new position as the pain did slowly diminish over time. Where I struggle is that I'm not exceptionally tall--5'10" on a good day. My seat is pretty close to the wheel even with the wheel extended and as a result the compromise in position between getting close enough to hit the gas and far enough my knee isn't jamming into the steering column is a tricky balance. It definitely feels a bit more tight for me and with the increased angle and height of the front of the seat I don't feel as close to the pedals which has taken a bit of getting used to. Moving closer ends up with me grinding me knees against the column.

I want to give them a solid 3-4 months because I'm sure a large portion of this was going 2 years in the same seating position and getting familiar with it. I can definitely see the benefits, though I wonder if my legs just aren't long enough to fully take advantage of them.

We are doing fewer sales but we do have one running right now. 10% off when using "DDIDAD2023". Valid through June 19th.
Just ordered. Thanks for the discount code. Looking forward to trying these. Can't wait to get accessories later down the road as we learn our wants and needs with travel trips.

I am a bit torn on mine right now--I'm sitting at about 2.5K miles on mine too and did a big trip on them recently. TBH one of the most noticeable things for me too was the more elevated seating position which I have enjoyed (though I believe could be accomplished if I didn't have the seat lowered all the way). On the first day doing 600ish miles on them I did still feel a bit of lower back pain, but I'm not sure if my body was getting used to the new position as the pain did slowly diminish over time. Where I struggle is that I'm not exceptionally tall--5'10" on a good day. My seat is pretty close to the wheel even with the wheel extended and as a result the compromise in position between getting close enough to hit the gas and far enough my knee isn't jamming into the steering column is a tricky balance. It definitely feels a bit more tight for me and with the increased angle and height of the front of the seat I don't feel as close to the pedals which has taken a bit of getting used to. Moving closer ends up with me grinding me knees against the column.

I want to give them a solid 3-4 months because I'm sure a large portion of this was going 2 years in the same seating position and getting familiar with it. I can definitely see the benefits, though I wonder if my legs just aren't long enough to fully take advantage of them.
I also feel this way almost to the tee. I want to give it a bit more time but I think someone else mentioned it in this thread, I wish the spacer was not as thick. I also have lower back pain after a 4 hour drive BUT as @777Gage has said, there's an improvement so that's a plus and also less fidgeting all together. In stock form, on long trips, i'm constantly fidgeting trying to find a comfortable position. I wonder if my legs are also too short to take full advantage of them.

@DesertDoesIt I noticed you sell a version of seat jackers that offer multiple heights for other makes and models. Is that something you can offer for the 200?

Is there a dimple hole towards the rear? Is that necessary?

I found a much cheaper option and listed in my LC thread if anyone is interested.

Hey folks its time for our biggest sale of the year, 15% off for Friends and Family. Thank you for all the support over the last 4 years. We are a small business with 6 employees and its been great working with 99% of you!

Sitewide Sale and Free Shipping within the US.

Thank you,
Steve Lindsay
Owner DDI

Coupon Code: "VIPFall15"

Hey folks its time for our biggest sale of the year, 15% off for Friends and Family. Thank you for all the support over the last 4 years. We are a small business with 6 employees and its been great working with 99% of you!

Thank you,
Steve Lindsay
Owner DDI

Haha, 99% of us.

Thank you,
Steve Lindsay
Owner DDI

You don’t like working with 1%’ers? 🤣

Just ordered. Thanks for the discount code. Looking forward to trying these. Can't wait to get accessories later down the road as we learn our wants and needs with travel trips.
So I’ve had them on now since July. Did a trip from CA to Nebraska and back. And then some mini trips. Probably about 6k in total.

These definitely were a game changer. On my previous trips to Nebraska I’d feel fatigue and stiff after 12-13 hours of driving. I didn’t feel that way or I felt a lot less. Definitely didn’t have any strain in the legs

Now I am the missing link. I have a monkey body. Legs of someone that’s 5’4” and torso of someone who is 6’. So the 1” is great, but I do think if there was a little middle ground, then these would be killer.

The big thing I’ve noticed is how just even little trips have been. I kind of forgot I installed these but I kept thinking how comfortable the vehicle was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom