Seat Jackers for 200 Series Now Available for Preorder! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I messaged them about that a few months back. They were true to their word when they said they were working on it!

I inquired last year at some point and they emailed me yesterday with the link, great follow-up as I had already forgotten about it months ago lol. I am tempted as they appear to work with their molle accessory panel that I already have installed and I have a bad lower back. Might be worth a try.

Thank you for posting up guys. We appreciate the support! Long story short, my business partner Joe (machinist and the one who invented the first Tacoma front Seat Jackers) just picked up a 2013 200 Series. Joe has a growing collection of Land Cruisers FJ40, FJ80, and now the 200.

We will start shipping these no later than April 3rd and probably even sooner. Here's a pic of the first set being machined, this was taken this morning.

Thanks again and we're looking forward to hearing forum feedback.

Steve
DDI

1148368036713115395.jpg

I’m about 5’10” and had lower back surgery a little over a year ago. Do I need these?

I’m about 5’10” and had lower back surgery a little over a year ago. Do I need these?

You and I are the same, I am thinking it couldn't hurt.

So, I’m interested and tempted to try something that improves the 200 seat comfort.

I’m curious why there isn’t also lift blocks for the rear of the seat. Wouldn’t lift blocks in the front only give you the effect of extending the seat tilt another inch higher? It seems like lifting all four corners would allow a more natural seating position and more adjustment. I do not ever prefer to have a very reclined seating position.

FYI, I am 6’2”, 34” inseam, and I’m a comfort height toilet guy all the way. No squatty potty’s here!

I’m curious why there isn’t also lift blocks for the rear of the seat. Wouldn’t lift blocks in the front only give you the effect of extending the seat tilt another inch higher?
I believe the intent is to increase the angle of the cushion to provide more support for the back of your thighs, not to increase seat height all-around.

I believe the intent is to increase the angle of the cushion to provide more support for the back of your thighs, not to increase seat height all-around.

I understand the general idea but that doesn't really answer my question. Hoping @DesertDoesIt can weigh in on their design decisions and provide some detail on why rear lift blocks weren't necessary or provided no benefit over tipping the front of the seat higher.

TLDR warning; I feel like an overthinking nerd even trying to verbalize my question.

The raising/lowering of the front and rear of the seat is already provided by the stock seat adjustments correct? It can be uncomfortable putting the seat bottom at a steep angle without also kicking the seat back backwards. Using a front lift block only (tilting the seat surface) would provide an inch of height and subtract an inch of lower range, because the starting point is tipped up an inch, correct? Let's say you like your seat back to be an exact 45 degree angle from the ground. The front lift blocks tilts the seat an inch upwards and the seat back an inch backwards. You would now have to raise your seat back an inch more to maintain the 45 degree relationship to the ground, which compresses the angle of the seat surface to the seat back. If you used front and back risers together, you would gain some thigh support without compressing the angle of travel of the seat back. As an exaggerated example, picture the riser blocks being 6" tall; that would severely change that angle and cause a much larger change of the seat back. But if you had identical front and rear risers, even at 6 inches, that angle does not change and you maintain the factory range of usable seat back adjustment. Obviously we are only talking an inch, so maybe my perceived benefit of raising the seat rails in a level fashion isn't noticeable or it's only an incremental improvement.

I understand the general idea but that doesn't really answer my question. Hoping @DesertDoesIt can weigh in on their design decisions and provide some detail on why rear lift blocks weren't necessary or provided no benefit over tipping the front of the seat higher.

TLDR warning; I feel like an overthinking nerd even trying to verbalize my question.

The raising/lowering of the front and rear of the seat is already provided by the stock seat adjustments correct? It can be uncomfortable putting the seat bottom at a steep angle without also kicking the seat back backwards. Using a front lift block only (tilting the seat surface) would provide an inch of height and subtract an inch of lower range, because the starting point is tipped up an inch, correct? Let's say you like your seat back to be an exact 45 degree angle from the ground. The front lift blocks tilts the seat an inch upwards and the seat back an inch backwards. You would now have to raise your seat back an inch more to maintain the 45 degree relationship to the ground, which compresses the angle of the seat surface to the seat back. If you used front and back risers together, you would gain some thigh support without compressing the angle of travel of the seat back. As an exaggerated example, picture the riser blocks being 6" tall; that would severely change that angle and cause a much larger change of the seat back. But if you had identical front and rear risers, even at 6 inches, that angle does not change and you maintain the factory range of usable seat back adjustment. Obviously we are only talking an inch, so maybe my perceived benefit of raising the seat rails in a level fashion isn't noticeable or it's only an incremental improvement.
Adding rear spacers isn't a bad idea for tall folks. I just don't get the impression that is what this product was designed for. You could easily add your own rear spacers and longer bolts to achieve the desired result.

Not saying it is a good idea, but I've seen seat mounts adjusted with stacks of washers and custom spacers. You could easily experiment with the same until you find a comfortable position and then get a local machine shop to make what you want out of your material of choice. My local machine shop is happy to take my money at their hourly rate. :)

I'm short (5-10) and my head brushes the roof with a hat on sometimes. I don't think I'd want to lose headroom with rear spacers. But again, I'm short.

Adding rear spacers isn't a bad idea for tall folks. I just don't get the impression that is what this product was designed for. You could easily add your own rear spacers and longer bolts to achieve the desired result.

Not saying it is a good idea, but I've seen seat mounts adjusted with stacks of washers and custom spacers. You could easily experiment with the same until you find a comfortable position and then get a local machine shop to make what you want out of your material of choice. My local machine shop is happy to take my money at their hourly rate. :)

I'm short (5-10) and my head brushes the roof with a hat on sometimes. I don't think I'd want to lose headroom with rear spacers. But again, I'm short.

And maybe it is just as simple as that; if you raise the seat rails in a level fashion you reduce headroom and create a new problem!

You and I are the same, I am thinking it couldn't hurt.

We would never make claims that these will improve comfort after that serious of a surgery but we do offer a full refund if you arent happy. Just return within 30 days (ish) and all you're out is the return shipping to Las Vegas NV. To @Tex68w, its definitely worth a shot as they install pretty quickly.

Steve

So, I’m interested and tempted to try something that improves the 200 seat comfort.

I’m curious why there isn’t also lift blocks for the rear of the seat. Wouldn’t lift blocks in the front only give you the effect of extending the seat tilt another inch higher? It seems like lifting all four corners would allow a more natural seating position and more adjustment. I do not ever prefer to have a very reclined seating position.

FYI, I am 6’2”, 34” inseam, and I’m a comfort height toilet guy all the way. No squatty potty’s here!

When we first developed the Front Seat Jacker, it wasn't because we were short or tall, it was a comfort thing on the Toyota Tacoma's. The seats are very flat and low so after short trips we were uncomfortable. By lifting the front of the seat only, it pushes you back into the lumbar support and turns your seat into more of a bucket seat. A lot of our customers say things like "I finally feel like I'm sitting in the seat, not on it.".

Some unintended consequences of lifting only the front is that it provides more leg room because your knees/thighs are now 1 inch higher. After you install the Front Seat Jackers, you will likely move your seat slightly closer to the steering wheel.

Because the Front Seat Jackers only lift the front edge of the seat and the rear mounting points are the same, head room isn't impacted much....as in less than 1/4 of the height of the Seat Jacker.

We have happy customers that are 5' nothing and 6'-8". Bottom line is the Front Seat Jackers are a comfort thing and comfort is subjective. We offer a 30 day return period if you don't get comfortable so worst case you're out 10 minutes of install time and $10 of return shipping.

Correct, its a comfort thing and turns your seat into more of a bucket seat. Because the Land Cruisers have power seats, it provides additional adjustment that's not available with the factory controls. We never expected to make these for the luxury 200 series since they have 16 way power seats but we've been getting requests for over 2 years and finally had a chance to develop them.

Our claim to fame are our Front Seat Jackers for Tacoma's but after customer requests we made our Adjustable Rear Seat Jackers. Some folks that are vertically challenged or just wanted a more commanding view will add our Front and Rear Seat Jackers. Different strokes for different folks.

Hopefully that helps explain what they do and why you might want them. We have thousands of reviews across several vehicles. If you read through the reviews on our website you see what customers are experiencing.

Steve
DDI

edit: some links to FJ80 Front Seat Jackers, 100 Series, and GX. Scroll down on each product listing to see the customer feedback/reviews.

4Runner/GX Seat Jackers

80 Series Seat Jackers

100 Series Seat Jackers

Last edited:
I'm going to order and give it a try. The LC driver seat looks and feels comfortable unless you have a long drive. I'm not sure who the Japanese designed these seats for, but I'm short, and on long drives I get sore on the right side of my lower back and on the right leg, behind the knee. I've never had this issue with other vehicles. Maybe it's because I'm old now. But, I'll give this a try.

Ordered

Ordered x2

Also ordered!

Confort is subjective, but for those of you who ordered a set - please report back with your own feedback. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom