Seat Jackers for 200 Series Now Available for Preorder! (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I may keep a bear spray canister there. Less lethal than a pew pew but nice to have nearby. If the magnets work well, I might put a leatherman or knife there too.
As someone who has seen bear spray accidentally deployed in an enclosed space (wall tent), I'd highly caution against this idea.

I haven't seen either, but hear what you are saying. I haven't had a problem yet, but see the potential risk. I definitely like to have bear spray when I am "out west" and it gives me peace of mind to have it around back home. Seems like mace on steroids.

3.5 hours with them installed to Anza Borrego this weekend.

Couple thoughts.

Wish they were the exact width of the plastic cover for the seat so it would look OEM. They are a 1/8-1/4 inch narrower…

It feels like a race car seat but without the side bolsters. I had my “front up” maxed before install. And didn’t have much support behind my thigh. Now I can feel the seat pushing up so I have to come down a couple taps from max and it feels supportive. But the seat cushion front to back is still a tiny bit short. Wish I could adjust the seat length to be just behind my knees.

It does eat up a little space between your knees and steering wheel. But you end up raising the steering wheel anyways due to the increase in height.

Yes it does increase your height probably by 1/4-1/2”. I’m 5’10” and I do sit a little more upright and close to steering wheel style. But increased height does give you a little more commanding view.

It seemed to help with an occasional sciatica I have in my L leg.

Overall worth it. And it looks like I might be able to slip a small lock box underneath the seat now. Make the space under the seat more accessible.

Just wish it was an exact match for width…..

Put these in last night. Overall pretty pleased. The new holes for the seat brackets didn't line up quite right but the instructions mentioned that they may not. Hopefully this was thought through, geometry-wise. Also had the strange effect of completely eliminating the incredibly annoying seat creak I've been dealing with for months now.

I'm taking a 10 hour trip this weekend, looking forward to really being able to shake-down the new seating position.

I've had a chance to drive a bit since installing them and I think I'm a fan. The driving position is different, but in a good way. I have better visibility over the front of the hood, which is going to be great on trails. It isn't so high that I hit the roof with a baseball cap on. It feels a little more like a race bucket (not quite, but more in that direction). The long trip to Moab and back next month will be the true test.

Also, the fire extinguisher mount is a work of art. It is a huge upgrade from my previous setup.

Man, I've never had a single thought about the seat being uncomfortable but you all are making a case for these things!

hahaha, nearly every time I open this web site I find something I didn't know I needed that I now must have. :)

I need them but wanted feedback first, safe to say they are worth it with the few who have reported back, on order!

Man, I've never had a single thought about the seat being uncomfortable but you all are making a case for these things!

If it aint broke don't fix it.

Ideally I could switch the foam to new foam in my car and probably get the same effect without the mod.

OR....I can get MBS seats to give me a decent price with shipping and then I could have the ultimate LC seat.

If it aint broke don't fix it.

Ideally I could switch the foam to new foam in my car and probably get the same effect without the mod.

OR....I can get MBS seats to give me a decent price with shipping and then I could have the ultimate LC seat.

Ultimately I’ll end up with Scheel-Mann seats in a few years but $100 until then is a drop in the bucket for a mild improvement in the interim.

Fits a small lock box. And you can see the fit…

FC526EDE-8939-4951-97D8-ADE2B299BC45.jpeg

Added the Desert Does It seat jackers.

P0twBrB.jpg

XRa5ZB3.jpg

Any feedback on long trips with these in? More comfortable?

I’ve only be driving around with them in town for less than 30 minutes but so far I am fan. It puts your lower back further into the lower portion of the seat where you can get better and more direct lumbar support. It also helps to better support underneath your thighs/hamstrings. Only drawback is that it puts your feet more above the pedals, that’s not a bad thing, just something I’ll have to get used to and it definitely changed my seat settings.

Last edited:
It puts your lower back further into lower portion of the seat where you can get better and more direct lumbar support.
bingo! that's what i was looking for. ordering..

Just installed mine and upon planting my ass in the seat, I am very optimistic after a short drive. I like the feeling of being "in" the seat, particularly wheeling or on long trips.

Will report after doing one of the above.

One big shout out to DDI in regard to packaging. I worked in consumer goods for many moons and packaging is often an area to increase margin by cutting nicer packaging. You'd be surprised how much it adds up. I guaran-f*+&ing-tee someone at DDI dreamed up the current packaging and somebody else said, "but that's going to cost us more!" Kudos to them for maintaining thick plastic packaging where the hardware is securely sealed individually, etc. As a product dork, it's nice to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom