Seat bottom foam (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arcadian

GOLD Star
Threads
Saw ads online for theseatshop. I do t know anything about them and they don’t currently make them for the 60 but I filled out their product suggestion form and thought maybe if others were interested and filled out the form maybe they would consider producing some.

Looking for an alternative to SOR seat bottom foam? (Assuming they still offer).

Looking for the same and filled out a suggestion with the seat shop as well.

I'll fill it out. I think this is the link in case anyone else wants to fill it out too:

I’ve got 30,000 miles on my SOR foams. They’re great. Zero regrets. All things take time to break in.

While expensive…actuality stupid expensive, the SOR cushions are great & hold up well. Cry once buy once.

Filled out the suggestion form, as well.

I'm getting ready to have some upholstery work done and was just going to have the shop do their best to build back the original. As I've heard the same about SOR foam being a bit 'hard' but also making tall people sit too high in the seat!
I had the SOR cushions for several years before selling my rig. They did provide quite a lift for this tall person, about to the roof. They're also a bit on the firm side, though not unreasonably so IMO. Neither of these qualities diminished noticably under my ownership, FWIW. But then, I'm well under 200 lbs. Perhaps a heavier person would have different results.

A friend is redoing his seats now, custom cutting layers of foam before reupholstering. There is a layer of memory foam utlilized with this scheme. It sounds like a way cheaper and likely more comfortable alternative.

I had the SOR cushions for several years before selling my rig. They did provide quite a lift for this tall person, about to the roof. They're also a bit on the firm side, though not unreasonably so IMO. Neither of these qualities diminished noticably under my ownership, FWIW. But then, I'm well under 200 lbs. Perhaps a heavier person would have different results.

A friend is redoing his seats now, custom cutting layers of foam before reupholstering. There is a layer of memory foam utlilized with this scheme. It sounds like a way cheaper and likely more comfortable alternative.

I like this idea at 6'3" 175lbs. I'd hate to drop the coin on the SOR option and have my head in the ceiling for the next few years

I like this idea at 6'3" 175lbs. I'd hate to drop the coin on the SOR option and have my head in the ceiling for the next few years
Leave 200 lbs of sand in the seat when you’re not driving it. That would break them down quickly.

I just pulled seat covers today (drivers was trashed, spare passenger, doing some swapping)... anyway, this is Substantially similar:

Amazon product ASIN B07MVZZ8LL
Same front to back length, slightly wider (about an inch), within a half in tall, looks like the one are needed to pass the center mount for the cover is in about the right place. Just incase anyone wants to take a chance. I think I have 2 good cushins between my 3 seats. At 6'4" I'm not really wanting to be through the roof... already have that with BMW seats in the 3rd gen 4runner.

I installed the SOR cushions with my original covers. Stiff initially but broke in nicely after a few months. Some have reported shaving down an inch off the bottom to get them to sit lower. I’m very happy with the results as is.

I filled out the form as well.

I just pulled seat covers today (drivers was trashed, spare passenger, doing some swapping)... anyway, this is Substantially similar:

Amazon product ASIN B07MVZZ8LL
Same front to back length, slightly wider (about an inch), within a half in tall, looks like the one are needed to pass the center mount for the cover is in about the right place. Just incase anyone wants to take a chance. I think I have 2 good cushins between my 3 seats. At 6'4" I'm not really wanting to be through the roof... already have that with BMW seats in the 3rd gen 4runner.

if the pic is correct in the amazon listing, the slot in the middle is wrong, it should be 1 slot perpendicular to the ones in the pic.
not sure how you'd secure the center of the seat fabric.

if the pic is correct in the amazon listing, the slot in the middle is wrong, it should be 1 slot perpendicular to the ones in the pic.
not sure how you'd secure the center of the seat fabric.
There is 1 parallel to the front, none go all the way through (easily fixed... too much foam is best). If you're concerned about the 2 side depressions, taking some pieces of the original foam cushion and filling those in is dead simple.

Obviously, this is a "with some fiddling" option... not a direct fit. Some of us are on a budget, $80 for new foam vs $250 is something to consider. I mean, that's 2 full tanks of fuel difference... I'd rather drive more and do a Smidge of custom fitting. I'm on the fence right now, have 2 passenger cushions that seem to be in good condition, going to try and steam them to see if they revitalize a bit while I work on restoring the covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom