Scale RC/ RC crawlers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Coles loving the new truck.

IMG_2579.JPG

He likes the color so it'll stay for a while. Once he beats it up a bit, we will talk paint. I know his goal is to make it a Crockpot look alike.

Yes it does. Nathan asked for a RC4WD Gelende (cruiser) for Christmas this year. I tried to talk him into the TRX4 instead just because it ticks a lot of boxes (it's got portals!) and seems to be a good machine right out of the box. BUT, Nathan is a 'Cruiser geek. He wasn't having anything to do with a Rover...even if it is a Traxxas Rover. I do like the TRX4 though. I might have to get one for myself!
I swear the more I look at this the more I want one though. Portals, selectable lockers. If I could find an 80 series body or even that KillerBody 70 would be pure badassery.

Yes. There will be a market for LC bodies for Trx4 platform.

YouTube has great videos. It likes to flop currently.

79 series trayback on that chassis would be sweet.

Ran down to Anderson to use a coupon. Grabbed a couple lipos. Kids were having so much fun with their new trucks that Daddy came home with a rustler too. Got to see the fjc up close which was pretty sweet. They also had the KillerBody 70 series kit there as well. Took all I had not to bring it home.

IMG_2591.JPG

IMG_2593.JPG

IMG_2594.JPG

IMG_2595.JPG

SO I had picked up a project truck and just don’t have the time to work on it. It’s a XTM accelerator nitro truck. It currently does not run. Couple bags of spare parts, full can of fuel and a new hot shot 2 starter. Gonna list it locally for $75, ONSC price is $50.

FE8D8D6F-91B4-45EB-BC48-B6F9A29C4553.jpeg

9E3180DC-B57D-4C20-91F4-6F0115C3DA90.jpeg

33D4422F-516A-4CBF-84B7-862E1BBF2477.jpeg

5E5AE8AE-71D8-4170-9AEC-D046FF663CD3.jpeg

Ran down to Anderson to use a coupon. Grabbed a couple lipos. Kids were having so much fun with their new trucks that Daddy came home with a rustler too. Got to see the fjc up close which was pretty sweet. They also had the KillerBody 70 series kit there as well. Took all I had not to bring it home.

View attachment 1601068

View attachment 1601069

View attachment 1601070

View attachment 1601071

I didn't know such a thing existed (the 70 body kit) and now I may have to have one sooner than later...

Details on the 70 body kit.

Last edited:
The Killerbody 70 kit is really freaking nice - great detail, just an all-round well-executed hard body.

Fitting one to a RC4WD Trailfinder chassis is very doable, but it will not be quite realistic if you use the RC4WD tranny/xfer and typical 1.5 or 1.9 tires. No biggie if you're not worried about the Scale Police.

Mine is on a CMax chassis, which allows the body to sit much closer to the frame, and the frame is more "correct"; I did leaf springs under the rear axle, coils up front (my friends at BowhouseRC just made a radius-arm front suspension available). I also went with the Asiatees 40-series wheels, and RC4WD MT MTZ's in 1.5, which measure out to 3.3" - so 33" when scaled up to 1:1. Some day I may actually do some trail rides with it - it is definitely a scaler, nowhere near a crawler...

Sounds awesome. Pictures.

Have to say thanks to this thread for lighting the fire under me to get back at some of my old projects.

These 2 are the ones I'd like to see moving.
0101182033a.jpg

Axial Wraith and a Tamiya Mountaineer resto-mod.

Both have been in boxes for nearly 4 years due to packing, 2 moves, house building and trying to get settled. It is currently 8° outside, RC's are great for scratching the winter wrenching itch.

Quick specs

Wrath is a kit with a pile of Vanquish parts, Savox servos, rc4wd 2 speed trans, Mamba max ESC, and a few other bits. Still need a BL motor, final wiring and final body and paint. Wanted this one to be a bash/crawler, still aiming that way.

Mountaineer is almost all original under the repop body. The swamp Dawgs are on the original wheels. It needs electrics, paint and an interior. This one I want to stay mostly true to the old ways, but with newer servos and speed controls. Still kind of feeling my way thru this one.

Anyway, thanks for the nudge.

Last edited:
The level of RC equipment now available is amazing. I raced RC cars in the late 80s and at that time the Associated RC10 was the king of the hill. We used to cut sections out of the chassis to lighten them up, messed with oils etc in the only shocks available etc. In the winter time we would totally revamp the suspension and run them indoors, generally on carpet. One cool place was an old skating rink, drifting through the corners was a blast. That was before drifting was drifting :)

Ok, I need a little advice. I have a MMP ESC and had originally planned to run either a Tekin Pro4(3300) or a Tekin Redline 13.5T sensored brushless motor in the Wraith, but I dont think either are on the market anymore, so what would be a good BL for the wraith? I am not opposed to a brushed motor, but thought the BL would be smoother torque.

Been looking at the Tekin Roc412 motors, kind of leaning towards a 3100 kV flavored one. The electrics is where I get into the weeds, which is why a lot of my project builds lack electrics...

@jynx I only run brushed so no advice, but Holmes Hobbies will have you covered. Ask them for their suggestion based on your rig setup, weight, and intended use.

The factory axial brushless setup in Nathan's RTR 1/10 Yeti has been a great combo for bashing. I believe it is a Vanguard 3150 KV. We run it on 2S but I think 3S is the sweet spot. Even on 2S it has shredded a ring gear and likes to blow tires off their beads. That RTR truck has been run hard and it still gets the job done with very few breakdowns. If you can mimic that setup in a Wraith, you'll be grinning from ear to ear.

We run a brushed Traxxas Titan 550 21T motor in Nathan's Wraith. It only goes a little faster than I can jog comfortably. Perfect for light crawling and will catch small air over tree roots, etc. I run the Titan 550's in several of our trucks because they are big, cheap and tend to last forever. If one wears out I just throw it away and pop another $20 on a new one.

IMG_3891.JPG
IMG_3894.JPG
IMG_3896.JPG
IMG_3898.JPG
IMG_3905.JPG
Nathan and I ran Daniel 1/10th scale today. The shady areas were still covered with snow. Beautiful day in the woods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom