Builds SAS 89 Mini--Triple cased Mashed Potato (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

... FJ60 Edit: rotors today, $22.50 each at Advance Auto.
View attachment 385144

That seems to be a good price. As I recall, the last set of rotors I bought at NAPA were closer to $35 each. It is nice to know that Advance can be a good source too.
Thanks for posting.

Hard to say exactly as the reports differ from install to install but I've read reports of +/-14" of travel. It all depends upon teh makeup of the leaf pack and the condition of the leaves.

Here's one of the more extreme examples I've seen and the quote pulled from Pirate:

"ive got 4 ford springs and 3 yota rears up front and 4 f-250 leafs out back with no overloads"

This is more extreme that I really expect but you see the possibilities.

ic084.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to say exactly as the reports differ from install to install but I've read reports of +/-14" of travel. It all depends upon teh makeup of the leaf pack and the condition of the leaves.

Here's one of the more extreme examples I've and the quote I pulled from Pirate: Here's the quote from the post:

"ive got 4 ford springs and 3 yota rears up front and 4 f-250 leafs out back with no overloads"

This is more extreme that I really expect but you see the possibilities.

ic084.jpg

^
That is what you truck is going to look like if you let John and Josh work on it.

Sid

^
That is what you truck is going to look like if you let John and Josh work on it.
Sid

They don't get to touch the sheet metal. :D:D:flipoff2:

Picked up the LC rotors this afternoon.
LC Rotors 002.jpg

so are you going to run SS lines? I was thinking of going to tundra brake rotors on mine, but did some research and went with a custom carbon metalic pad, new rotors and SS lines. Just waiting to install them.
They don't get to touch the sheet metal. :D:D:flipoff2:

Picked up the LC rotors this afternoon.

dunno, it's a thought, where you gettin' them from? they could be a little too shiny for my junk though.

ted, before you get the axle rebuilt you may want to look at what Bobby Long has come up with for the wipers.

and Marlin's seals if you've got a few extra pennies

ted, before you get the axle rebuilt you may want to look at what Bobby Long has come up with for the wipers.

and Marlin's seals if you've got a few extra pennies

Thx...spoon feed me please. got the seals already but need details on the Bobby Long info, maybe a link or two?

Nice, a little pricey but very nice. Got my seals already but I'll file this one away for future use. Might be good for the other guys as well. Thx

Since I'm building my own spring packs for the front I need to find a longer Leaf Spring center bolt/pin. this is the bolt that goes through all of the leaf springs and holds the pack together. Apparently this isn't the easiest bolt to find, you guys have any quick easy ideas on where to find or what to use. The spring pack will consist of 5-6 leaves so it need to be long enough to go all the way through.

leaf spring center pin. Any idea of how long? 4WP has some that are 4-4.5 inches, but that may be too long.

leaf spring center pin. Any idea of how long? 4WP has some that are 4-4.5 inches, but that may be too long.

Don't know exactly how long right this minute but thinking about 3-3.5" long. I'll give them a call.

I'll bet those 4.5" pins can be cut down if necessary though.

It's too freakin' cold to work outside these days.

Got the axle housing, knuckles and diff all cleaned and painted. Hopefully the sludge is finally all out and gone for good but there's always the possibility of it showing up in some King Kong remake.

Also got the front spring hangers built for the rear and got the pilot holes drilled for the axle bolt. John started hunting for the 5/8 drill bit to drill so he could drill out the hole to the proper size and never found it. So, that pretty much made for shortened day b/c by the time I'd have gotten back from HD it would've been too cold to go much further, so we did what all good fabricators do, drink a few :beer:s instead

Hey Nick--what happened? Thought the :princess: told you to show up so you could learn something. :flipoff2:
Axle parts 004.jpg
Axle parts 003.jpg
Axle parts 008.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom