Sandy the Tan FJ60 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lots of work has been going on the past few weeks but a new puppy has severely decreased the amount of time I have to spend on the truck.

Pulled both the axles for a rebuild and clean up. Brakes were done top to bottom and front to back. Everything in the system was replaced expect hard lines. The booster I ordered is giving me issues so I'm working on that with the vendor and have the stock booster back on the truck for now until it's resolved.

Front got the following:
- Knuckle job with marlin seals
- New rotors, pads, calipers
- New Aisin master
- Backing plate delete with stainless lines from SOR
- New locking hubs
- New wheel studs
- All new hardware
- New TRE's
- New Steering stabilizer
- New Ubolts
- etc, etc.

Last edited:
Front in progress and finished

IMG_9976.JPG

IMG_9982.JPG

IMG_9984.JPG

fullsizeoutput_20d3.jpeg

IMG_0211.JPG

Last edited:
Some finished pics! Job was really satisfying to do since the front axle seals were wasted and bearings were not in great shape. Luckily, the knuckles had virtually no pitting and looked fantastic!

Brake feel is much improved but the stock booster isn't great. Hopefully I'll get the new booster in there soon which will bring braking back to 100%.

Excess ubolts will get trimmed shortly.

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

Last edited:
Great work! One minor bit of feedback would be to confirm that brake line won't be impacted by the shock at full lock. I'd also see if that line can be managed a bit better. Wind and debris could move that around quite a bit and cause premature wear to the line or surrounding components.

Cheers, James

Awesome. Is there a reason you left off the disc brake shields?

Great work! One minor bit of feedback would be to confirm that brake line won't be impacted by the shock at full lock. I'd also see if that line can be managed a bit better. Wind and debris could move that around quite a bit and cause premature wear to the line or surrounding components.

Cheers, James

There’s no interference at full lock but the line seems too long for the application. I have some 90* adapters on order to help manage the line better. If that doesn’t work, I’ll order some shorter ones. As is, there’s no way to avoid having it twisted a little. Luckily, the line is stiff enough it won’t be impacted by wind while driving.

Just went back and read your entire thread, fantastic work. Question from a few pages back: how did you apply the Por? Sprayer?

Just went back and read your entire thread, fantastic work. Question from a few pages back: how did you apply the Por? Sprayer?

Thank you! I brushed it on.

Man you are doing such a great job, congrats and thanks for taking the time to post everything. That's one lucky 60.

Thanks! It’s been a fun project. Lots more coming!

Drove the truck down to Carolina Relic Run put on by my local club. Awesome event with a fantastic turn out this year!

Sandy made the trip but I discovered a vacuum leak on the way down that developed and I noticed it first when getting off the highway. Truck wouldn't idle from being lean and so I didn't get a chance to run trails unfortunately. Turned out to be the carb insulator as diagnosed with some carb cleaner. Got a new one ordered today and will be an easy fix.

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0413.JPG

fullsizeoutput_20d6.jpeg

IMG_0444.jpg

IMG_0432.JPG

Looked like a fun time - bummed to miss the event. Pearl has a couple leaks of brake fluid and coolant that were too risky for the voyage for me.

Definitely a fun event! Sandy's vacuum leak was bad enough that it prevented me from running trails this time out so her maiden trail voyage will likely be GSMTR unless we organize another Uwharrie trip before then.

Big things coming. I'll be tackling this over the next couple weeks as time allows with the new pup.

Thank you @orangefj45 and the Valley Hybrids team for the help sourcing the trans and some of the required parts. The H55s were out of stock in the dealer network from the latest shipment and only some shops had them on hand. Luckily I was able to snag one from Georg!

IMG_0073.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom