For Sale San Jose, CA - 1996 LX450 Factory Lockers, Supercharged (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've owned this for the past 13 Years. It started as a stock LX 450 fully loaded with factory lockers. I have found my next project and need to sell this to get it. Price: $19,000 If I don't sell before the other one does then I will keep this. I love this truck and the only reason I would sell is extra room for my now 2 dogs.

Current Build:
  • TRD Supercharger bought from Cruiser Dan
  • Headgasket replaced prior to install. Also recently replaced a second time. Both done by Jeff at Toy Connection - He said it was the nicest cruiser he has driven.
  • K&N Filter
  • Safari Snorkel
  • Center diff button added
  • Have dual battery setup and extra yellow top (new) just not installed.
  • ARB Front Bumper
  • Warn 9500i Winch with Steel Cable, Have Rope replacement just haven't installed. Roller fairlead available. Currently have Slee Hawse Fairlead installed which is not compatible with the steel cable. So, need to change one or the other.
  • 4x4 labs rear dual swing out bumper with spare tire on passenger side (I did this on purpose so you can see easier back if you want to pull out to pass & ladder on driver side. Have gas can holder for ladder. Just not installed currently.
  • Slee 4" lift kit with Heavy Duty Rear springs for towing.
  • Rebuilt axles with 4.88's done by Rear End Specialties in Santa Clara.
  • 315/75/16 Duratrac's - Probably need to replace in next 6 months or so.
  • 16x10 steel wheels
  • New front Leather Seatcovers
  • Alpine dual DIN w/bluetooth, upgraded front and rear speakers with sub in rear passenger storage space with separate Alpine amp
  • RAM mounts for phone and iPad
  • Extra always on 12v outlet in rear
  • Speski Cargo Divider
  • ARB drawer system - Right side full drawer, left side drawer and pull top to pull out frdge, cargo or whatever. Willing to take out to use in my next project. Drawers are mounted on a wood platform so I didn't have to drill into the floor. It uses the 3rd row seats mounting bolts.
  • Hanna Quality Sliders
  • ARB Tent ready roof rack
  • Currently at 286k miles, burns about 1 qt/1k miles but I would take this truck anywhere and will soon if I don't sell it. I pull a Horizon trailer with it and go to BC to visit my sister every summer Camping in Oregon and Washington along the way.
  • I have only used it for Overlanding. Never been on Rubicon or rockcrawled.
  • Currently working on custom setup for my two dogs in the rear with window grills and center Plexiglass divider. Fully removable. Should be done by EOD 4/29/17. Will then remove to paint.
  • Have mosquito netting that covers rear passenger windows as well as rear side cargo windows.
  • Have 3rd Row Seats. In Perfect condition.
  • Paint is delaminating on Hood. I was going to take it off to sand it down and paint it Black.
  • Overall the rest of the paint is in good condition. There is one dent on the driver side rear door from a bb gun shooter along 680 about 10 years ago. He randomly shot at cars. Luckily it hit the door and not the window where my daughter was sitting.
  • I used this as my DD to commute 80 miles per day for many years, that along with many long trips accounts for the high mileage.
  • For the past 95k miles I have averaged 13.1 mpg. That includes towing the Horizon as well as my Subaru STi race car on a Featherlight trailer several times a year.
  • This truck gets the usual high attention everywhere you go. If you have any questions let me know. I can't think of more that I have done but I am sure there is.
G88N6AB
G88N6AB

G88N6AB.jpg

Pictures can be seen on my WheelWell Page: 1996 Lexus LX 450 Mods | Wheelwell

Last edited:
Heya, been looking for a bit and just joined. Anyway, ever had any issues at the SMOG shop with the S/C? Or is this TRD also fully CARB compliant/Exempt? Thanks!

Heya, been looking for a bit and just joined. Anyway, ever had any issues at the SMOG shop with the S/C? Or is this TRD also fully CARB compliant/Exempt? Thanks!
Yes 50 state legal. I do have a check engine light on right now due to the O2 sensors but will fix that prior to sale. Supercharger came with the correct CARB sticker so it's all legit.

Just drove it to Ione and back this weekend which is 4 hours round trip. I did some light wheeling pulling a trailer as a part of an event tear down. It runs awesome. If I didn't have 2 dogs and a family of 4 I would be keeping this but a 4x4 van will be my next project due to room to haul stuff. Met up with a guy on a 1200 BMW and we both had the same thought. Nice rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom