Trade San Diego, CA: 85 2F Complete, H42F trans (no xfer) and misc parts left over from V8 swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently swapped from the stock 2F and H42F to a V8 setup so I have a bunch of misc items that I would rather pass on to a fellow IH8MUDer than just throw on Craigslist since I got a ton of information that made my swap possible from this forum.

Bigger items are a name a reasonable price / trade deal. Some of the smaller items such as random brackets, etc are free. Items are located in North County area of San Diego, highly prefer local pickup, but for smaller items I wouldn't mind shipping them out as long as shipping is paid for.

All items are off of my 85 FJ60 w/ ~181k mi
  • Complete 2F w/ 181k on motor -- Prefer trade for fabricated bumpers on this one
    • Recently did new cap, rotor, wires, plugs, belts, smog pump, rebuilt carb
    • Prefer not to part out at this moment
  • H42F Transmission, no transfer case (does have extension ring, bell housing, etc)
  • Clutch Pedal w/ new pad
  • Clutch Master / Slave
  • Clutch and Flywheel
  • 4spd Shift knob
  • Emissions Control Computer
  • All of the emission control solenoids etc that sit on drivers side fender
  • EVAP can w/ bracket
  • Igniter w/ new coil
  • Carb Cooling Fan
  • Radiator
  • Misc Brackets / Heat Shields
  • Trans Cross Member
  • Trans Skid Plate
  • Trans Mount (flat bottom)
  • Misc
    • eBay All Gray Headlight doors (ok fit, ended up getting another set with chrome rings)
    • Stock? Leafs w/ Poly Bushings
    • Monroe Shocks
    • Steering Damper
    • Stock Shackles
    • Lifted Shackles ~1.5?
    • New Wix Fuel Filter
    • New Carb Diaphragm thingy
Things I may put up shortly but holding onto for the moment
  • Radiator Shroud
  • 85 Front and Rear Driveshaft
  • FJ62 Rear Driveshaft
Things I wouldn't mind trading for
  • Good condition Brown Emergency Brake Boot
  • Automatic Brake Pedal
  • FJ62 Tach
  • Fabricated front bumper
  • Fabricated rear bumper (ideally with tire carrier)
  • Winch
  • Roof Rack

Last edited:
5.3 Vortec is great, zero complaints with the swap and it was pretty straight forward with the AA adapters and all the great build posts here. I haven't taken it offroad yet, still doing a few odds and ends on the truck, and still need to order up a new front driveshaft. Just had a Dobinsons 2" lift put on as well.

5.3 Vortec is great, zero complaints with the swap and it was pretty straight forward with the AA adapters and all the great build posts here. I haven't taken it offroad yet, still doing a few odds and ends on the truck, and still need to order up a new front driveshaft. Just had a Dobinsons 2" lift put on as well.

No problems with CA emissions?

Can't edit the original post, but ..
  • 2F Motor and H42 trans sale is pending
  • clutch assembly + master & slave + pedal is pending
  • 85 f&r driveshafts have been shipped out
  • stock radiator shroud is up for grabs as I use a summit kit for the V8
  • keeping the FJ62 rear driveshaft since it still works fine with the installed lift

Have 2 years to figure that out, but I have gone through the process on a LS1 in a 98 Nissan 240SX before so know the requirements.

So you deal with the referee until you get it right?

Have 2 years to figure that out, but I have gone through the process on a LS1 in a 98 Nissan 240SX before so know the requirements.

I wouldn't wait. Other's recent experiences strongly suggest that CA DMV referees are generally not allowing any swaps into older vehicles anymore. Apparently a new directive from the top of the food chain.

Please start a Tech thread when you begin the process and share for other's benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom