sad day now getting ready for pickup.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crushers said:
Evening Paul,
the truck is stripped as you have seen and when Toyota rented the truck for their commercials they did quite a bit of damage to the box flares but the repairs are done to the box and it is primed ready for paint. tomorrow it will be getting the final primer spray and then it is on to the (remainder of) the cab.
we are hoping to have the box and cab bottom front fenders painted by monday.
then it is back to my garage for fitting the fuel cell and the custom storage box and propane bottle protective box. while i am doing that the rest of the body parts will be getting prepped and painted.
tomorrow i have to take the top down and get the custom winter flap made for the rear.
cheers

Cool, gonna be a island truck?

Glad I never let toyota use the FJ45 for the commercial, I got a call from Vancouver asking but I declined as I do not own the truck.

Rob

Radd Cruisers said:
Cool, gonna be a island truck?

If you consider Northern BC and Southern Sask. the island :D

Hey dingdong, if your ever in Fort St. John, and need to have a beer let me know, I can hook you up :D
Cheers,
Deny

Deny,
I will take you up on that offer.
Most likely the first job I take the HZJ75 on will be near Tumbler Ridge.
I'll trade you for a test drive.
Deal?

Deal. My BJ42 has no turbo and 34 swampers, so it will feel like a slug compared to your truck.
Turbo PI and lockers would do real good in the local muddy trails. Check out the Swamp Donkey page for the trip report in the Tumbler Ridge area, it is a really cool place! If you're there on the august long, we are going back to that area, it is totally amazing at the top of the look out, you should come along.
Cheers,
Deny

ready to apply colour...
box RH side prep.jpg
box LH side prep.jpg
cab back side prep.jpg

some more shots...
colour shots on monday...
not much done since i have been busy with customers but progress is coming along and it will be ready on scheduale...
cheers
fender RH side prep.jpg
front prep.jpg
fender LH side prep.jpg

Man, it looks like you are doing such a good job, that looks awlsome. Can't wait to see the after pics

That will be sweet. I can't wait to see it. I've loved those trucks since I saw them in Oz. Wish I had one. One day........................................

Cheers

so is that the truck the crodile hunter drives in the commercials? Is that a 78 munster?

if so thats awlsome. I want one!!!

nah, a 75 series, same as the PZJ75 i was restoring/refurbishing just 2 years newer...

Whats that "well body" from originally Wayne? Thats what we call them on the western side of the rabbit proof fence:D

well body?!? okay, i am learning lots..
it is from a 45 series pickup with the wheel well moved back 2 "
cheers

the paint is Centari Acylic Enamal..
Freeborn Red..

crushersthe paint is Centari Acylic Enamal.. Freeborn Red..[/QUOTE said:
Sweet!! I can't wait to see the finished product. Are you painting the Roof white? In my eyes thet's the only proper way to do it. ;) Hey, I've used that paint before on my freeborn red crusier :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom