Runs for the fourth Saturday of every month. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The big, epic, long, type runs are good times, but often have stresses involved, getting a bunch of rigs to the end, etc. If you have needs like working on skills, checking flex, clearance, setup, etc, the smaller, last minute type runs are often better, have more time for BSing, posing on rocks, etc.

The TRAL events are often great for this. We "work" in the morning, have lunch, then go somewhere. Most times don't have a "plan" or care to have one (sometimes called getting lost), often just wander around and see what we find, so have lots of time to play however we feel like. :hillbilly:

None of this is new, it's how it has always been? Meet destinations have always been posted at least several hours before the designated meet time.

... Can't wait for that run, and hope it's coordinated the same way with driver meetings,

We have always had them, goes something like: Where do we want to go? That way. OK what CB channel were we on,,,, don't remember, whatever we were on last, use the same one.:hillbilly:

destination plans,

These are always well planned, like: Lets head that direction.:hillbilly:

and clear communication about Air-Up, Air-Down spots,

This is always well defined: Air-down at the first wide spot, wherever we decide to turn onto dirt. Air-up is at the last wide spot wherever we find pavement.:hillbilly:

and checkpoints along the way. ...

Those are often done on the radio, like: Hey Tony, turn a bit driver, so as to avoid driving off of that cliff!:hillbilly:

Welcome LongDuck! Not making fun of you, just making fun.:hillbilly:

often just wander around and see what we find, so have lots of time to play however we feel like. :hillbilly:

I have been very pleased with what we have found over the years :grinpimp:

I don't have the greatest memory of details of every obstacle, but there have been memorable moments on practically every one of our runs :bounce: :steer:

and checkpoints along the way. ...

No problem, we have those,,, or was it; where the :censor: are we and how the :censor: do we get out of here,,, or?:hillbilly:

attachment.php

I have been very pleased with what we have found over the years :grinpimp:

I don't have the greatest memory of details of every obstacle, but there have been memorable moments on practically every one of our runs :bounce: :steer:

Agree, always good times, often the "lets go wander around days" net the best finds.:cool:

Are you serious? Your comparing geocaching to littering? If so, let me know as I don’t want to affiliate the club with anything considered littering.
:rolleyes:

Got a reply from Tonto: "Geocaching is considered littering. If we find it, we dispose of it."

That said, IMHO, some enjoy it, gets some out on the trail that wouldn't otherwise, is a very small percentage of the litter, so :meh:.

Tools R Us said:
Got a reply from Tonto: "Geocaching is considered littering. If we find it, we dispose of it."

That said, IMHO, some enjoy it, gets some out on the trail that wouldn't otherwise, is a very small percentage of the litter, so :meh:.
That's weak...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom