Run of The Month - August (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Are you still going up tonight?

Yeah, all loaded up. I am probably leaving around 1ish. I just have a few things to take care of for work before I can bug out.

I would agree that 2.5hrs is a good time estimate. Will hit some construction on I10 at tucson but cross town traffic will be light at that hour of the morning...

Traffic will be light, but traffic lights will be abundant. Someone must have offered a smokin' deal on traffic lights because Tucson is loaded with them. The good thing is they haven't figured out how to time the lights to keep traffic flowing. It's almost impossible to make two consecutive lights doing the speed limit. I like Tucson and lived there for quite a while, but they are nutters with slow street speed limits, lights, stop lights for crosswalks with no streets and don't get me started on the suicide lanes, do they still have those?:steer:

Traffic will be light, but traffic lights will be abundant. Someone must have offered a smokin' deal on traffic lights because Tucson is loaded with them. The good thing is they haven't figured out how to time the lights to keep traffic flowing. It's almost impossible to make two consecutive lights doing the speed limit. I like Tucson and lived there for quite a while, but they are nutters with slow street speed limits, lights, stop lights for crosswalks with no streets and don't get me started on the suicide lanes, do they still have those?:steer:

Got rid of the suicide lanes a few years back. No one goes the speed limit, it's at least 10 mph over or under...

Got rid of the suicide lanes a few years back. No one goes the speed limit, it's at least 10 mph over or under...

My experience has been 10 under especially in the left lanes and the people trying to get to 10 over are tailgating, swearing, and darting around looking for space to get by.:steer::D

Fires are "Good to go". They have had about 2" of rain over the last week on top - fire restrictions are lifted.

See you guys in the AM.

Chuy I would like to camp after the run, but I have never been to Chiva. Is there a place at Chiva or would I want to get to higher (cooler) ground?

Anyone else spending the night?

I'm in. I would like to camp after the run.

Fires are OK. They have had a lot of rain up on top.

Phil, will you be on Mt. Bigelow Rd somewhere?

Chuck

Wish I cold make this run....but I am working on my pile:crybaby:

Not to jinks anyone but if you have vehicle issues and need a place to repair...park ect shoot me a email at bowtiestang@msn.com:grinpimp: but I live on the west side near gates pass.

Count my rig out :(

Was getting ready for tomorrow doing the whole truck inspection, I have a front coil-over leaking like s sieve. Looks like it's time to strip it and ship it off to get rebuilt.

Hope you guys have a great day!!

Cruiser is packed and ready to roll out in the AM. I've got to be back in town Saturday night so I won't be able to camp. See you guys in the morning,

Chiva 8/25

Hey guys my name is Cameron I met you guys out on the trail today. I was in the green 4runner that pulled a land cruiser off the side of the road and drove through that huge cow pond. I saw someone in your group videotape my run through the cow pond and was wondering if it would be possible to get a hold of it! It was nice meeting you all and I hope to see you guys on the trails again soon!:p thanks,
Cameron

Thanks for giving the club a hand!

Last edited:

You know it's going to be interesting if the sheriff shows up before we even get going...

_DSC7196.jpg

_DSC7201.jpg

_DSC7221.jpg

_DSC7232.jpg

_DSC7238.jpg

Awesome! My kids loved zombie-cow (and the whole trip). Thanks again for setting it up!

Hey guys my name is Cameron I met you guys out on the trail today. I was in the green 4runner that pulled a land cruiser off the side of the road and drove through that huge cow pond. I saw someone in your group videotape my run through the cow pond and was wondering if it would be possible to get a hold of it! It was nice meeting you all and I hope to see you guys on the trails again soon!:p thanks,
Cameron

You may not know, so no dig on you, but: Most cattle ponds are lined, constructed with a layer of clay. When they are driven in, the liner is damaged, making them leak, costing the rancher big $$$ to repair. Please don't post evidence on the web for them to use against us.

Awesome! My kids loved zombie-cow (and the whole trip). Thanks again for setting it up!

What rig were you driving, a 60? I'm sometimes have a hard time putting names/handles/rigs and faces together. :doh:

It was a great trip, thanks for putting it together. I must say, that getting an unlocked 80 with 285 toyo at's back up 3 feathers without a spotter took a few minutes, but it was doable. I ended up taking the steep off camber slab side after trying 3 other approaches. I had to be back in town by 5, sorry I had to jet out quickly at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom