Run of The Month - August (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If things line up as I am planning I am driving down Friday afternoon and running up the back of Mt Lemon and camping for the night. I would then drive down the mountain Saturday morning (front side) and meet the group at the predetermined point and time. Anyone interested on that prospect?

Just curious if anyone else is bringing kids? Im bringing my daughter and my sister in-law is bringing hers too.

I'm out. I just checked my calendar and I'll be at the south rim this weekend.

Sorry to hear I was looking forward to some great GeoRoss stories.:frown:

Let me know if you want a back entrance scenic route.

Yeah, I was hoping to be able to chat a bit.

I would love the back entrance way for future exploring. We have a pretty set itinerary for this trip. First stop is climbing up SP crater NE of Flagstaff, then enter the park via Desert View. Do the arm waving spiel and then head to Mather. Saturday is a day hiking day and return to Tucson on Sunday.

Yeah, I was hoping to be able to chat a bit.

I would love the back entrance way for future exploring. We have a pretty set itinerary for this trip. First stop is climbing up SP crater NE of Flagstaff, then enter the park via Desert View. Do the arm waving spiel and then head to Mather. Saturday is a day hiking day and return to Tucson on Sunday.

You would also like Red Mountain trail with all of its funky terrain on the way to the South rim.

I will PM you back road info

IMG_6057.jpg

IMG_6060.jpg

IMG_6062.jpg

There will be 4 trucks with me:

2x FJ-40s
1x FJC
1x Jeep (Pretty Built with a 4-Link and 37's)

I wanted to bring my daughters, but they have too many social committments. Andy (Jeep) will probably be bringing June (she's 3-4).

If we have a large volume of trucks, we should see if we want to split the group at the start - some to Three Feathers, and some on the main trail. We can all meet 3 miles in and continue to the falls....

Thanks for coordinating this.

Chuck
'74 FJ-40

Well, it looks like I don't have to babysit students this weekend so I'm back on for camping. My six year old and I are going to head out early. Can someone PM me directions to the preferred camping site.

See you guys Saturday afternoon/evening!

Well, it looks like I don't have to babysit students this weekend so I'm back on for camping. My six year old and I are going to head out early. Can someone PM me directions to the preferred camping site.

See you guys Saturday afternoon/evening!

PM your email I cannot attach files within the PM environment

I might just be in for camping, lost a dear colleague this week and I think services will be Saturday. Have we picked a location?

My house to my parents is 115 miles n my parents house is 3 miles sw from meeting spot and it takes me 2hr 15 minutes doing 65mph.

I'm in...

Is that 65mph by your speedo or GPS?
You live close enough to me to go by my timing. If you drive 75 to Tucson it will take you just under 2 hours. Crossing Tucson is a slow task and I would expect 20-30 minutes. Allow 2 and a half hours and you should be good to go.

You live close enough to me to go by my timing. If you drive 75 to Tucson it will take you just under 2 hours. Crossing Tucson is a slow task and I would expect 20-30 minutes. Allow 2 and a half hours and you should be good to go.

Are you still going up tonight?

I would agree that 2.5hrs is a good time estimate. Will hit some construction on I10 at tucson but cross town traffic will be light at that hour of the morning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom