Rubicon 2023 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As some of you know I was awarded the TLCA travel Grant for 2022. I have chosen to do the Rubicon, which is June 21st to 25th. At this point we are looking for a head count of those that are definitely up for going.

Registration opens on January 30th, we need to try and have a head count and what trail route we want to do by then.

We are tentatively in. Will likely be trailering our rig out there, and would also plan on running Fordyce afterwords barring some major mechanical failure.

No dice for me as I will be out there the following week for family reunion. Let me know if you want me to be partial liaison with the local crew there, my old group BattleBorn Cruisers of NoNv. I know a number of the guys are planning to go and the Pryor family is usually some of the trail leads.

I am in -- and Fordyce as well.

All, the registration for the Rubicon is coming up quickly - January 30th. I found a post that referenced "110 rigs" in attendance for last year's event, so it's likely this will be registration would be sold out very quickly. It would probably be a good idea to come together as a group over the lunch hour next week to get a very high level baseline of (1) the event, (2) the requirements of attending the Rubithon, and (3) some tentative travel dates to drive out that way. Then, we can execute on registering on the 30th with a baseline for a plan.

As of now, I have @kc_chevota, @2fpower, @KCoverland, @CrowleyFJ40, @1MAC, and @tornadoalleycruiser as being interested, attending, or riding shotgun. Kelly is graciously willing to open up his office space for a lunch meeting for us to discuss.

Hopefully, the dates below work for everybody. Will you send me a message or reply here which date works best for everybody to meet over lunch hour?

Tuesday - January 24th
Wednesday - 25th
Friday - 27th

Thanks,
Jack

Last edited:
id prefer tues if possible our boss schedules a noon wed meeting every week and wonders why i eat lunch on camera in front of everyone.

Sounds like Tuesday, 12pm at Kelly’s office is going to be the ticket. I’ll send a text to everybody so you have the address.

@1MAC, either myself or Kelly can pass along a Zoom link.

Sounds like Tuesday, 12pm at Kelly’s office is going to be the ticket. I’ll send a text to everybody so you have the address.

@1MAC, either myself or Kelly can pass along a Zoom link.
I just saw this. Please pass the zoom link to me also. The Rubicon is a bucket list item for me. The 200 isn’t really ready for it yet though 😊. Potentially, though, I would like to tag along somehow.

A Tundra on the Rubicon

Tundra width = 80.2" wide. 200 width is 78. " Hmmmm. :hmm:

Of course, by the end of the trail the Tundra was a bit less than 80" wide.

A Tundra on the Rubicon

Tundra width = 80.2" wide. 200 width is 78. " Hmmmm. :hmm:

Of course, by the end of the trail the Tundra was a bit less than 80" wide.

:hillbilly:

In case you have any friends considering taking their 200 through the Rubicon (wink wink, nudge nudge), this link below is further validation on getting a 200 through the trail (just selectively ignore a few posts...)

Jack

:hillbilly:

In case you have any friends considering taking their 200 through the Rubicon (wink wink, nudge nudge), this link below is further validation on getting a 200 through the trail (just selectively ignore a few posts...)

Jack
That thread is famous amongst the 200s that identify as 80s crowd.

Atwals 200 in that thread is a monster and one of the few with 37s and a build that can handle them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom