RS3000 Key Fob Reprogramming (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK, I have read most every thread on programming a Key fob and all of them say the ECU is under the driver seat. So I would still like a picture if I could get one but it looks like I will have to remove my seat, then molding around the outside of the carpet to allow me to pull up the carpet. Or I might be able to cut a 8" slit in the carpet and pull back enough to see the ECU, perform the 20 second action, then cover it back up and install the seat again.

pic of alarm

Here is a pic of my alarm ecu. It is pretty obvious. Wondering if yours is in another place?

alarm box.jpeg

Here is a pic of my alarm ecu. It is pretty obvious. Wondering if yours is in another place?

Wow, well mine is buried under the carpet or someplace else. This bites.

Here is a pic of under my seat, looking from back to front.

So this brings up a question for you all, can my RS3000 have been removed from under my seat and the car still function properly? There are 2 jacks at that carpet opening that are not plugged into anything. Any help would be appreciated. Here I go buy Fobs and then have to RS3000 to program them too (it appears).

you may have an aftermarket system - I found a Viper system in the driver side footwell of our 80

aftermarket systems don't work with the RS3000 fobs - BTDT

Bought one of these Remocon cheapies on ebay for my '95 LC and am having problems programming. I press the green button, the security light comes on, I have four buttons on my remote but I've tried hitting all of them and get no chirping or blinking lights. So far big batch of fail. Anyone else have any suggestions?

1) Do you have an RS3000 alarm system?

2) The back of my Remocon unit says RMC-105

I bought 2 and both work perfect with the RS3000 on our '97 cruiser.

cheers,
george.

I did find the aftermarket unit in my and I am missing the RS3000. Thus my Fobs are useless.

1) Do you have an RS3000 alarm system?

2) The back of my Remocon unit says RMC-105

I bought 2 and both work perfect with the RS3000 on our '97 cruiser.

cheers,
george.

Pretty sure I have the standard RS3000. Everything in place like the directions said. Which button on the Remocon did you press to program it after hitting the ECU button?

Pretty sure I have the standard RS3000. Everything in place like the directions said. Which button on the Remocon did you press to program it after hitting the ECU button?

Given the RS3000 expects a SINGLE button for all functions, just choose ONE button on the Remocon unit. I just chose what was the obvious choice (the top LOCK icon button). The other 3 buttons are of no use with the RS3000 system.

cheers,
george.

Given the RS3000 expects a SINGLE button for all functions, just choose ONE button on the Remocon unit. I just chose what was the obvious choice (the top LOCK icon button). The other 3 buttons are of no use with the RS3000 system.

cheers,
george.

That's what I figured but couldn't get it too work. Shouldn't the UNLOCK button work as well?

That's what I figured but couldn't get it too work. Shouldn't the UNLOCK button work as well?

You can only program/use 1 button. I chose the lock since it's at the top and near the edge. The unlock could be used if you want - it doesn't matter, just choose 1 of the buttons and it will do the lock/unlock. If you have a 2nd vehicle with a 2nd RS3000 then you could program 1 button for 1 vehicle and a 2nd for the other vehicle (just like the original 2 button fob).

cheers,
george.

I ordered 2 Remocon remotes. RMC-105. I have an RS3000. I tried programming each 10+ times with no luck. I've read 100 threads on this!!! This is what happens:
turn key to ON position
ALL NEXT STEP PERFORMED IN LESS THAN 5 SECONDS:
push green button & hold till red light on dash(security) comes on
red light comes on in about 2 seconds & stays lit
I press top left button for about .5 sec. (no chirp, no lights flash, nothing)
turn key off(tried turning off & removing key too)
No chirps, lights, etc.
I've done this with 1 door open & all 4 doors open. No way I can do it w/driver door closed.
I know this is like a broken record but what am I doing wrong??????

***UPDATE*** Remote co. finally called me back. They sent me a FCC ID-BAB237131-056 when my LX450 calls for a -013. Said they aren't compatible & that they were supposed to send me the -013 but don't have any. I thought they were but I guess not & I'll try to find the correct one.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd share my experience since I finally bought two new FOB's off ebay. I literally haven't used a fob for 2 or 3 years because the programming seemed to be kicking my ass everytime I went out there to try it again. It sounds so damn simple and continued to kick my ass. I finally gave up.

Well, for anyone else that didn't get their old OEM fob's (or maybe even the new ones) to reprogram, what screwed me up is this:
1. Turn key to "On"
2. Using a pen I push in the green button on box under drivers seat(no big deal here, same as everyone else)
3. Red light on dash comes on (SOLID), then goes to (flashing) if you continue to hold it in.
4. Push top button on old fob, dash lights flash, red light goes off, turn key to "Off".
5. Should be set, but it's never worked after 100+ tries.

Now, 5 minutes ago it occurred to me(I'm not very smart), push the top button of fob while red dash light is still SOLID, not wait til it's flashing.

DING DING DING, we have a winner! The old beat up fob works like a charm now.

DONT WAIT TIL RED LIGHT IS FLASHING

As obvious as that was to probably everyone that read it, what was messing me up is our Odyssey mini van and resetting the oil change maintenance minder. You push the trip meter button in til it flashs, then continue to hold a few more seconds and it re-sets back to 100%.

My name is Brian, and I don't read directions clearly.

Cheers!

On my RS3000 when I go to lock it after getting out it will flash the lights twice meaning it's unlocking it and then I hit the button again and it locks it. No real pattern to it but it happens often enough and it's annoying having to always check to see if it actual locked it or not. Does this happen to anyone else or is my system just trying to piss me off?

Just thought I'd share my experience since I finally bought two new FOB's off ebay. I literally haven't used a fob for 2 or 3 years because the programming seemed to be kicking my ass everytime I went out there to try it again. It sounds so damn simple and continued to kick my ass. I finally gave up.

Well, for anyone else that didn't get their old OEM fob's (or maybe even the new ones) to reprogram, what screwed me up is this:
1. Turn key to "On"
2. Using a pen I push in the green button on box under drivers seat(no big deal here, same as everyone else)
3. Red light on dash comes on (SOLID), then goes to (flashing) if you continue to hold it in.
4. Push top button on old fob, dash lights flash, red light goes off, turn key to "Off".
5. Should be set, but it's never worked after 100+ tries.

Now, 5 minutes ago it occurred to me(I'm not very smart), push the top button of fob while red dash light is still SOLID, not wait til it's flashing.

DING DING DING, we have a winner! The old beat up fob works like a charm now.

DONT WAIT TIL RED LIGHT IS FLASHING

As obvious as that was to probably everyone that read it, what was messing me up is our Odyssey mini van and resetting the oil change maintenance minder. You push the trip meter button in til it flashs, then continue to hold a few more seconds and it re-sets back to 100%.

My name is Brian, and I don't read directions clearly.

Cheers!

I too am an idiot. But at least now my key fob works. Thanks Brian.

I'm just here to help. :)

Does anyone have a picture of the RS3000 and the location for a 94 Landcruiser? Under my driver seat is just carpet with one cable coming out going up to the seat. Only a small slit in the carpet so can't see what's under the carpet but doesn't feel like anything other than the cable run. 20 second proceedure, but ?? to get to the RS3000. If it's behind the kick panel, is there a easy way to get that off without breaking the plastic tabs holding it in place?
Hi Gumybob,
Actually, you can find a diagram of the RS3000 ECU mounting locations here
I realize the Landcruiser isn't mentioned but it should be in one of these locations. The technician that installs it is who controls the location. There is no one standing over him making sure he puts it in the right place because this system was installed at the dealership, not the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom