Builds ROTW Cpjones1231 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1993 Purchased used about 4 years ago with 130,xxx, needing a lot of work.
First mods/maint were new front diff, brakes all the way around incl rotors, complete tune up and change all fluids.Then a trip to Sams for some new BFG's.And last year about this time I completely rebuilt the engine due to the headgasket leaking around #6. Went ahead and replaed everything internally, pistons, rings, oil jets, all bearings, timing chain and all cam and crank gears.
my mod list is as follows: OME heavies with Rancho 5000s
just installed the Slee caster bushings and stainless brake lines last week.
BFG 285/75/16 AT
ARB with Warn M8000
Pro Comp 9" driving lights using Scion tC fog light switch
removed the running boards and added mudguards.

Interior mods are really just an Alpine stereo and speakers, and removal of the 3rd row seats.
This Cruiser came to be when I was in the 9th grade and I wanted one more than anything, it just took me 10 years to finally get myself one.

Last edited:
Good looking rig. Nice to have that piece of mind of the serious work under the hood. how do you like those 9" lights? Are those 285 BFGs? Looks very trail worthy.

Smit

Nice rig. What do you have planned for the future?

Nice rig. What do you have planned for the future?
thanks. The next mods will probably be sliders, and probably some different tires either some Toyo's or the MTZ's. I would like to paint it down the road sometime, some type of military camo style. Other than that I am pretty happy with it where it is now.

There is a lot of $$$ tied up in that engine. Did you do the work yourself?

Thanks for participating in the ROTW. :cheers:

-B-

There is a lot of $$$ tied up in that engine. Did you do the work yourself?

Thanks for participating in the ROTW. :cheers:

-B-

I think I spent about $1400.00 I work for a Toyota dealer so I got a good price on the parts, and one of my good friends is a Toyota master mechanic so he and I did all of the work....he did most of it really.

thanks. The next mods will probably be sliders, and probably some different tires either some Toyo's or the MTZ's. I would like to paint it down the road sometime, some type of military camo style. Other than that I am pretty happy with it where it is now.

Desert Tan Camo OR just plain 'ol Flat Desert Tan...I luv that look / color

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom