ROTW - clownmidget 1997 FZJ-80 40th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you look close at the 1st and 2nd pick you can see some of that "spray on mud" that comes in a can. I've herd you can now buy it at your local auto parts store.

Great Mod Mike! Really looks like you wheel her good!

-Ammo

Did you do your gering when you switched to the 35's???

clownmidget said:
Still undecided about how to proceed in mounting the non-US oem side-marker lights. The "40th" badge is right where it should go and these decals are no longer available. Mine is showing some wear so I'm not too inclined to keep it but have considered just keeping the "40" to completely confuse folks and put the side marker like so. I'm planning on having the corner, front and this side marker all flash.

I like the 40th better than the signal light. The "anniversary" part would be easy to reproduce, the 40 would be so expensive to repro...

What about mounting sidemarker lights in the rr view mirrors?

just install the lights under the decal.
it's only a little lower than where you'd expect to put it. no biggie, IMO.

First 80

I found this one on eBay as one that didn't meet reserve. I emailed the guy and we started the dance. I got if in March of 2001 for $20K with 73K miles on it. This is what it looked like when I got it. The guy, the only owner, had no idea what the locker dial was and had never even put it in low range - another real estate agent....

1997 FZJ-80
Antique Pearl Sage, no roof rack, third row seats, rear window deflector
Factory fr/rr locking diffs
He had added the hood deflector and the sunroof deflector, too.[/QUOTE]

Clown, I got my 80 the exact same way. Except my PO was a Manhatthan investment banker who ordered a loaded 80 from new and never had a clue what that "Diff" dial option was that he paid $750 for. :confused: Never in low.

Spydaz, I'm saving my pennies for 4.88's now. Surprisingly with the turbo the 4.10's are ok with the 35's on the street and I get pretty decent mileage to boot. They don't cut it off road though especially with the bigger XZL's or 37's.

FirstToy, since I have the OEM ones I'm not going to fuss with the mirror ones. Plus, I'm not a big fan of the mirror ones.

Doug, that's the route I will probably go.

97FZJ80, I got them from another "ih8mudder" :D

Acolella, thank god for the wealthy fools with no attention span, eh? The sticker on mine was just under $57K in 1997 and then less than 5 years it is worth 35% if that????

Mike ditch the side lights, or flush mount them to flow with the body of the truck. That would be a headache to have to replace if broken which could very well happen 37's and all.

Cruiserhead05 said:
Its not ROTW anymore....his week was last week.

Oh really...

Since I didn't get around to mounting the arms they continued to get fussed with. The beta-tester had put quite a few battle scars on the bottom edge, many that extended nearly to the threads of the coupling. Since they were already clean, this 1" wide x 0.25" hardened steel stock was welded on the bottom edge as a "slider" and to provide a bit of additional structural support. These will get painted tomorrow and installed Friday. Pics and measurements of flex then.
control_arm_slider.jpg
control_arm_slider_close.jpg
control_arm_sleeve.jpg

clownmidget said:
Oh really...

Since I didn't get around to mounting the arms they continued to get fussed with. The beta-tester had put quite a few battle scars on the bottom edge, many that extended nearly to the threads of the coupling. Since they were already clean, this 1" wide x 0.25" hardened steel stock was welded on the bottom edge as a "slider" and to provide a bit of additional structural support. These will get painted tomorrow and installed Friday. Pics and measurements of flex then.

Good idea :cool: and it makes them harder to break.

What no beta-testing pictures? :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom