ROTW ROTW....cdaniel, 77 FJ40..... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cdaniel said:
But be careful, I could tell the world about another 4WD vehicle you owned, and it wasn't a Toyota. Or worse, I could tell of the misadventures you had with fuel experimentation on it.:doh:
(Hmmm . . . . and here I thought us old musician types lost all of our brain cells and memory. :rolleyes: )

Okay. Fair enough . . . . no incriminating photos of you are worth revealing that slight indiscretion of mine. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi All:

Nice rig "CDaniel!" Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

Question: have you install a full roll cage yet? In the photo of the rear bench seat it appears to still have only the stock roll bar.

regards,

Alan
Seattle

Josie'sLandCruiser said:
Hi All:

Nice rig "CDaniel!" Thanks for sharing with the rest of us.

Question: have you install a full roll cage yet? In the photo of the rear bench seat it appears to still have only the stock roll bar.

regards,

Alan
Seattle

Yes there is a full cage in there. If you look closer at the pictures you'll see the hoop behind the rear seat.

I'm planning to tie the seats into the cage and the cage to the chassis soon.

Last edited:
Looks great Cliff....makes me miss my '77 lots.

clarkrw3 said:
Looks great Cliff....makes me miss my '77 lots.

Thanks. I take then, that you turned in your 40 for the Luxo trail rig.:D

Cdaniel said:
Thanks. I take then, that you turned in your 40 for the Luxo trail rig.:D
Well, in a round about way...the 40 gave way to an integra to get me back and forth to cali while in school...which then gave rice to a 330ci about 1 1/2 years ago and then about 6mo ago I finally got to add the Luxo...not having a cruiser was KILLING me. I love the 80 but still would like to add the 40 back to the quiver.

That's a sweet looking ride.
Looks a lot like my 78. Quick question, when you originally put the 4" rancho springs, was it with the full set, and what did you think of the ride? ( I know, two questions in one, more bang for the buck) The p.o. of mine installed the 4" rancho springs many years ago, along with a 327, after the motor blew awile after my dad bought we built a 283 for it. My springs have no give on them and the ride is like a rock.
Like I said, Sweet looking rig and thanks for posting it.

John Milligan
Albuquerque, N.M.

WhiteKnight said:
That's a sweet looking ride.
Looks a lot like my 78. Quick question, when you originally put the 4" rancho springs, was it with the full set, and what did you think of the ride? ( I know, two questions in one, more bang for the buck) The p.o. of mine installed the 4" rancho springs many years ago, along with a 327, after the motor blew awile after my dad bought we built a 283 for it. My springs have no give on them and the ride is like a rock.
Like I said, Sweet looking rig and thanks for posting it.

John Milligan
Albuquerque, N.M.

The Ranchos were installed complete and with the RS5000 shocks. The ride was stiff but not that bad. I wasn't expecting anything great with a lifted short wheelbase. It's softened some after being broke in. I removed a leaf from the front later in an attempt to level it out.

Not totally sure what all the P.O. did on mine, my dad bought it about 22 years ago, think its a full rancho lift, though there was talk of re-arched springs. If you put a jack on any corner and lift it an inch or two that wheel starts to come of the ground. may have to try removing a leaf or to. Sits real level though.

Thanks,

John Milligan
Albuquerque, N.M.

Cool story Cliff, thanks for sharing. I'm kinda wantin' to get back out to Rocker Panel Pass, or check out Reno Pass (haven't been out there in 10 years). Maybe we can meet up with the other CSCer's and do a run.

RUSH55 said:
Cool story Cliff, thanks for sharing. I'm kinda wantin' to get back out to Rocker Panel Pass, or check out Reno Pass (haven't been out there in 10 years). Maybe we can meet up with the other CSCer's and do a run.

I'd like to get to Reno again but I'm not sure you can right now. Last year it got closed for flooding and then a fire. Last I heard it was still closed.
Rocker Panel, A little over a year ago I did that again for the first time in years. Met Rhino and his piggie the first time there. Unfortunately he popped a birf and had to bow out.:doh:

Thanks to all for the positive remarks during my 15 minutes of fame.

Ok on to the next project. Th taxes are done and I've got the green light for some much needed upgrades.

Can you say "Longfields"?:D :D

Mmmm....Longfields...

Yeah, I caught the whole fiasco on film, when RHINO popped his birf, and another guy in a red 40 had his clutch go out and battery die at the same time. Your 40 was pretty much the only LC holding face in a group of mixed rigs!

Great ride! I love the stance of it too. I only hope to get to enjoy mine (assuming I ever get her close to where I want her) as much as you have yours.:cheers:

RUSH55 said:
Mmmm....Longfields...

Yeah, I caught the whole fiasco on film, when RHINO popped his birf, and another guy in a red 40 had his clutch go out and battery die at the same time. Your 40 was pretty much the only LC holding face in a group of mixed rigs!

So you were the co pilot that day! I didn't realize that. More likely I just don't remember, names escape me.

Yes it was sad to see you guys limp back broken, But Rhino did the right thing. Discretion being the better part of valor and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom