Builds Rosie the 40 - Tilda Bogue Service Station (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have any of you ever seen one of these radio mounts on a pre 74 FJ40?
View attachment 3359712

I just bought a 1972 FJ40 and the PO said the factory radio was mounted where the winch controller is currently mounted. I’d love to find a radio and bracket for it again.

IMG_3622.jpeg

I just bought a 1972 FJ40 and the PO said the factory radio was mounted where the winch controller is currently mounted. I’d love to find a radio and bracket for it again.

View attachment 3361302

When I got my 72 FJ40 that's where my AM radio was mounted too. Idk, if that was factory or dealer installed but looked like it was made to be there. The speaker was on the pass side at the top of the angled part of the toe board close to the heater.

Last edited:
@wngrog By the way, where can I find that bezel keychain?
I’ve had that so long I don’t recall exactly….it was either a vendor here on Mud, or from CruiserCrap.com….sorry!

The radiator shop was able to fix the rear heater core so that’s back in place so therefore the seat it back in place. I fired it up and let it idle while I replaced the coolant I lost.
IMG_2800.jpeg

Next I relocated the Dakota switch away from the radio spot and figured out where Brendan wants to put the speaker.

Great news is the hard top is painted. Same guy is doing the headliner so hopefully he knocks that out quickly.
IMG_2608.jpeg

The list is getting very short on this one

Oh yea, @ToyotaMatt sent this little rubber cover for the dimmer switch. It’s ribbed for your foot pleasure.

IMG_2801.jpeg

The concrete guys had a high spot that would not allow me to ge the main doors open to get this space clear to work so I had to take matters into my own hands. Hands down the nastiest job ever grinding concrete
IMG_2924.jpeg

Gotta get a few broken M6 bolts out
IMG_2926.jpeg

I’m about to add a little 3M to this thing
IMG_2927.jpeg

Painter and headliner dude both did great work

The concrete guys had a high spot that would not allow me to ge the main doors open to get this space clear to work so I had to take matters into my own hands. Hands down the nastiest job ever grinding concrete
View attachment 3366297

Gotta get a few broken M6 bolts out
View attachment 3366295
I’m about to add a little 3M to this thing
View attachment 3366296
Painter and headliner dude both did great work
What is it about those back corner bolts breaking on the top? Those were the same ones that snapped on mine, too.

You guys are the BEST!! Really getting close now…..well done gentlemen, Thank you! 🍺🍺
He left mad about your speaker mounting choice.

He left mad about your speaker mounting choice.
LOL! Feel free do do what you guys think is best! I’m sure it will be great! 🍺🍺

70 miles so far and I’m about 35 from home. Recharging my system with Gatorade for the push home. So far. So good. Amazing truck

IMG_2997.jpeg

IMG_2999.jpeg

This thing is so sweet. Made only a few notes to work out after making the big loop. It was a nice, yet hot 4 hour tour

IMG_3003.jpeg

IMG_3004.jpeg

IMG_3005.jpeg

Brendan has some hare brained ideas, most of them I have been able to tamp down with a moderate amount of shaming and finger pointing but the radio and speaker thing lived through the ridicule.

The place we got the radio converted to Blue Tooth and such sent it back with a tiny speaker that fit in the little OEM bracket. I got it installed and the wizard bent some brackets then we added some magnets to hold it on the hump.

I got it all wired up and working via the aux jack. The Bluetooth does not want to corporate. Anyway. I’ll give it a 10 for cool OEM factor and a 1 for sound. I presume this is about what the AM speakers in the glove box sounded like

Also, if anyone has any knobs that fit this style radio, these are both broken. I have some later OEM 40 radios here but the actual shaft size the knobs fit on are smaller on my radios than this one

IMG_3009.jpeg

IMG_3010.jpeg

IMG_3011.jpeg

IMG_3012.jpeg

IMG_3014.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom